PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle & Bicycles Crash

robertt8883
05-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Caught on Camera
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/caught-tape-motorcyclist-crashes-2-bicyclists-143949954.html?vp=1

TPetsch
05-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Became TV News worthy I see:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=128674

Ken Robb
05-01-2013, 04:24 PM
the thing that I wonder about is why the motorcyclist didn't just lean over more and tighten his line to avoid the collision. He wasn't leaned over much at all when he hit the bike riders. I surmise that he was looking just ahead of his front wheel rather than up the road.

When we teach high performance driving with some students getting them to look way ahead is almost impossible. One of my instructor pals was teaching the celebrities prior to their driving in the Celebrity Race during the Long Beach Grand Prix weekend. His student was a famous TV he-man star who couldn't make himself look more than 60ft. in front of his car.

When he returned from lunch he found he HAD to look up the track because "someone" had taped over the bottom half of his windshield. It worked like a charm and he became quite a good driver from then on.

One of my motorcycling pals ran into the rear of a Cadillac that was backing up on a straight piece of road just after a 180 degree turn to get back to a view spot. My pal was riding too fast for his range of vision as he was heeled way over on his Ninja which has very low bars. By the time he finished his 180 and looked up he locked up his brakes but still slid into the trunk of the Caddy. If he had looked to his left before he entered the 180 he would have seen the car backing up.

The collision on the video looks like the motorcyclist may have made a similar error.

Richard
05-01-2013, 05:30 PM
According to an article I read, the videographer said that the motorcyclist touched his foot or peg down through the turn and stood the bike up, then straightened up coming out of the turn. Basically, a "not so good" rider on a "way too good" motorcycle.