PDA

View Full Version : Selcof Bi-Position Seat Post

keno
11-29-2005, 06:35 AM
Any experience with this baby in the ultra setback mode? I've read some material that suggests that leveling the saddle becomes an issue with this post. As best I can find, it offers the most setback of any stock post available.

keno

Dustin
11-29-2005, 06:55 AM
At least with the Brooks B17 I was using at the time, I don't think it would have been possible to level the saddle with a STA any shallower than 72.5, and it was pretty tough to get it anywhere close to level even with a 72.5 STA. Other than that, no complaints.

Smiley
11-29-2005, 07:14 AM
Don't use a Brooks saddle with this post as you'll never get the saddle level . That too has been my experiance. It is a great post for other saddles and offers as much as 3.2 cm worth of offset. Call Albert Bold and have him make you a custom post.

keno
11-29-2005, 07:22 AM
Dustin and others, I have 71.5 and 72 STAs on my bikes, and am using San Marco Regal saddles. Should I expect problems?

Smiley, you have my address; just send me a check for the difference, about $75 a post x two. The other issue is that Bold has a 6-8 week delivery window. At my age, no green bananas, remember?

keno

keno

Smiley
11-29-2005, 07:26 AM
Keno , we'll take up a collection amongst us Merrylanders for this post that we'll gift to you. Lets see I think we can get enough of us to make this happen. Seriously I don't this you'll experiance any problems with your saddle , the Brooks is weird as you need to see they way the rails are angled to the saddle. Best of luck and are you buying from that guy Reparso Corsa in Jersey ?

keno
11-29-2005, 07:40 AM
I can get two Selcofs for $220, shipped. I'd have to look for the online dealer (the distributor is actually in PA and they'd be drop shipped to me), but it's not Reparto Corse, which is in White Plains, NY, I think.

Have a great trip.

keno

znfdl
11-29-2005, 07:53 AM
Keno:

You should give Albert a call, as his delivery times do vary, as I got my last seat post in just a little over two weeks. You can see the seat post in the thread titled "pictuires, pictures, pictures'

William
11-29-2005, 08:08 AM
http://www.nexternal.com/icycles/images/hellbent.jpg

I tired one out on the Skunkbird just for the heck of it. Looks funky, but it's solid, strong, not too heavy, and gives me plenty of set back for my big frame.

In a nutshell, I like it....but I'm knda whack anyway. :beer:

William