PDA

View Full Version : Ssap

Cat3roadracer
04-29-2013, 12:09 PM
Anyone race in the Single Speed-a-Palooza yesterday? The course was real nice, Stewart State Forest, Montgomery, NY. The steep rocky descents killed me. Dudes with suspension forks flew past. If there had been a 26" wheeled division, I probably would have been on the podium.

Perfect weather and excellent food at the end. I'd highly recommend for 2014.

eBAUMANN
04-29-2013, 12:24 PM
yep! i was there! my 2nd year, so much fun.

i got 2 flats (stupid tubes), my camelbak leaked out all my water, my pedal broke, my seatpost slipped down about 2 inches (and i gave myself a nice hamstring cramp by stupidly riding it like that for way too long) but I still had a blast!

it was my 2nd mtb race, my 1st being SSAP '12 haha

highly recommend for 2014 folks!

:beer:

crownjewelwl
04-29-2013, 12:45 PM
Anyone race in the Single Speed-a-Palooza yesterday? The course was real nice, Stewart State Forest, Montgomery, NY. The steep rocky descents killed me. Dudes with suspension forks flew past. If there had been a 26" wheeled division, I probably would have been on the podium.

Perfect weather and excellent food at the end. I'd highly recommend for 2014.

how bout u just get yourself a 29er?

Cat3roadracer
04-29-2013, 12:57 PM
I think that is on the list. There is a fat bike category as well, those guys went through the rocky sections with ease.

the bottle ride
04-29-2013, 01:01 PM
My favorite event of the year- after the dh40 (which they are not doing this year)- Darkhorse has the event dialed.

Great course- and fun to see all my friends!

DDYTDY
04-29-2013, 07:49 PM
I was there and won the klunker category!

George and Mike of Darkhorse Cycles know how to get it done. By far my favorite MTB events of the year.

Stewart is mostly Awesome buff, bermed up super fast single track. Had a blast as always.

AAA+++ will rida agaIN

eBAUMANN
04-10-2014, 03:36 PM
So who should I keep an eye out for on sunday?!

:banana:

Cat3roadracer
04-10-2014, 08:33 PM
"Where's the first hole and what's the course record?"

Look out for me on a smokin Desalvo with a welcomed suspension fork. 26" wheels, I have not subscribed to the 29" yet.

Looks to be remarkably dry and warm, considering the region was covered with snow just weeks ago.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.