PDA

View Full Version : PSA...stolen Cervelo S5 in Seattle

KidWok
04-28-2013, 02:14 AM
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bik/3771095046.html

http://images.craigslist.org/3Ec3F83Id5N25L65K3d4rec527a8754ca1369.jpg

Wonder which shop...hopefully not Speedy Reedy.

Tai

Shortsocks
04-28-2013, 03:27 PM
That's awesome. He's got normal pedals on it. That's just priceless.
I was reading the mrs's US magazine, and they have a section "See, they are like us" and I saw the stars riding road bikes..cervelo's, madones, S-works with flat pedals and backwards caps. Just on the boardwalk...I couldn't stop laughing.

Looks like this guy. Suger-ray on his dogma.

Socks

thegunner
04-28-2013, 03:34 PM
(devil's advocate here)... i look 15 (at best) - can't wait for the day someone decides i 'couldn't possibly afford my bike' to post me on craigslist with photo

Ardan MacNessa
04-28-2013, 03:36 PM
Great work KidWok!

Hopefully with your photo the local authorities will add his face to their own database. He'll be pinched ...but I don't think he'll be hanging onto that bicycle for very long. Ten to one he'll say a friend let him borrow it.

Shortsocks
04-28-2013, 03:52 PM
(devil's advocate here)... i look 15 (at best) - can't wait for the day someone decides i 'couldn't possibly afford my bike' to post me on craigslist with photo

Lol. There are tons of 15 year olds in my area that ride dogmas, S5's and Sworks. In fact I was riding today and saw a group of super young kids ridding Scott Addict R1's and cannondale evos. You would prob have a better chance of having someone coming up to you asking how it rides. :-)

KidWok
04-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Sorry...wasn't me that took the photo. There seem to be a lot of Seattle people in here so I figured I'd spread the word.

Thegunner...the post verified the bike was stolen and there are two Cervelo dealers within a couple of miles of that burger walk up. It seems likely that the situation wasn't misjudged, but I hear what your saying. The Cervelo has no rack eyelets so he has to carry his stuff somehow right? He looks pretty lean...could be a roadie I suppose.

Tai

thegunner
04-28-2013, 04:58 PM
Sorry...wasn't me that took the photo. There seem to be a lot of Seattle people in here so I figured I'd spread the word.

Thegunner...the post verified the bike was stolen and there are two Cervelo dealers within a couple of miles of that burger walk up. It seems likely that the situation wasn't misjudged, but I hear what your saying. The Cervelo has no rack eyelets so he has to carry his stuff somehow right? He looks pretty lean...could be a roadie I suppose.

Tai

haha yeah, no i hear ya - especially since the shops verified it. but i sometimes wonder what people think if i'm tooling around on a $5k bike in rolled up jeans / hoodie.

tuscanyswe
04-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Yeah tbh i kinda look like that alot of the times im on my bike.

I use it for transportation and I'm not dressing in lycra to go have a coffee or meet a friend or whatever.

The pedals are hard to ignore on that bike tho :)

ultraman6970
04-28-2013, 05:36 PM
The pedals part is a good detail :) You cant deny the sucker has good taste in bikes :D