PDA

View Full Version : OT:How many of you have still kept up with your New Years resolution?

jtakeda
04-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Broke mine last night.....made it almost 4 months though.

Any of you still keepin strong?

Any other resolution weaklings out there?

svelocity
04-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Broke mine last night.....made it almost 4 months though.

Any of you still keepin strong?

Any other resolution weaklings out there?

Well it took about two weeks to start my resolution but I've been a vegetarian since ~Jan 15th. I've dropped 5-7lbs too! :banana:

Puget Pounder
04-25-2013, 03:25 PM
I've kept it!

Gym at least 3 days per week since January 1st. After the initial break-in period, I can't go for a day without working out now.

At least:
1 comprehensive leg/core workout
1 comprehensive chest/arms workout
1 comprehensive shoulder/arms workout
1 bike day (every day commute to work)
1 run day
3 days where I do something else, whether it's racquetball, rock climbing, another bike day, or doubling up on upper body lifts

Now my goal is to wake up early every day before work to do my gym workouts so there is more time in the evening to play. Trying to swim 2-3 times a week now since I suck at it and want to do a sprint tri by the end of summer.

It's all about incorporating it into your lifestyle!

goonster
04-25-2013, 03:40 PM
I've kept mine too.

Regular running, and reduced portions at meals. Have not lost a lot of weight (weight loss per se was not part of the resolution), but feel much fitter.

Ran my first ever half marathon last weekend, inside my goal time, so I'm on a good, self-reinforcing track.

illdthedj
04-25-2013, 03:41 PM
i am keeping up with mine!

it was a pretty open ended, generic resolution: Lose a good amount of weight, take a next step in physical fitness.

not having specific goals with numbers to aim at is not a great way to start, but i've actually been very good on keeping my resolutions!

So far on average my wife and I have exercised (in some form, whether it was going to the gym, lifting weights, going to a Spin class, going on a bike ride, playing raquetball) more or less 5 times a week. i guess "exercising 5 times a week" eventually became our resolution. id say overall we have been at 4.5-4.75 times a week :)

Now we used to exercise roughly 3-4 times a week, so i guess overall we are upping the ante a touch.

However the whole "losing more weight" i would attribute to a restructuring of our diet (my wife and I do everything together, we're best buddies)...

I know allot of people think its some dangerous fad diet or something but Atkins has been extremely effective. Its not about cutting carbs out completely, but keeping NET carb consumption low. I started this year at 250 pounds (im 6'3 but still thats FAT) and am now down (as of this morning) to 216...so thats 34 pounds so far! to be fair, its easy to shed the first 15 quickly if you are a big guy like me.

but yah, exercise and diet have been elevated and i would have to say for the first time i've actually kept a new years resolution and it feels good!

zott28
04-25-2013, 03:43 PM
I've kept mine too.

Regular running, and reduced portions at meals. Have not lost a lot of weight (weight loss per se was not part of the resolution), but feel much fitter.

Ran my first ever half marathon last weekend, inside my goal time, so I'm on a good, self-reinforcing track.

Right there with you.
Ran 10 miles on Sunday, never really ran before the new year. Not too much weight loss, but I do feel much better.
1/2 marathon is on Aug 4th.
And running has made me a better climber on my bike, from a willpower point of view.

cmg
04-25-2013, 04:07 PM
canceled the gym membership. lost about 6ozs (went sockless for a day) and have another eBay find requesting a build. so yea right on track.

jtakeda
04-25-2013, 04:10 PM
canceled the gym membership. lost about 6ozs (went sockless for a day) and have another eBay find requesting a build. so yea right on track.

Right there with ya.

54ny77
04-25-2013, 04:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi68hPMinAI

blessthismess
04-25-2013, 06:35 PM
My resolution was to "try" to work on some things in my life. I am "trying", so the answer is yes! :)

Ti Designs
04-25-2013, 06:39 PM
I'm still an asshole...

phcollard
04-25-2013, 06:40 PM
Oh jeez. New Year's what? I think I forgot about them on January 3rd! ;)

Bob Ross
04-25-2013, 07:39 PM
I didn't make a New Year's Resolution per se, but I did vow to ride more and crash less.

I'm still 500 miles behind where I was at this point last year, but so far I'm crash-free in 2013.

csm
04-25-2013, 07:56 PM
So far so good. Down about 20 lbs thru diet and exercise. Always ate well, just sometimes ate too much. Found tracking what I eat with some iPad app helps. Exercise is spin bike at least 3 days a week and riding outside more now that its warmer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FastVegan
04-25-2013, 09:30 PM
Quit Facebook and twitter as my New Years Res. Worst part is I have no clue what my friends are eating for dinner.

chwupper
04-25-2013, 10:49 PM
"Drink more bourbon." Check -- doing it right now, too.

sulfate125
04-26-2013, 04:49 AM
mine was to quit wasting time on the computer. Not working.