PDA

View Full Version : ACK! Left Ergo shifter slipping

Lewis Moon
04-22-2013, 06:31 PM
For a while my left (front) 10sp ergo shifter has been down shifting a click if I stand up and honk with the F.Der. at the upper limit screw. Not much of a problem but it started getting worse over the weekend. Now it's hard to keep it on the big ring. It's a bit on the older side and probably needs a rebuild. Branford doesn't offer a rebuild kit for the left. Should I just mirror replicate the basic parts kit for the right?

R2D2
04-22-2013, 06:49 PM
For a while my left (front) 10sp ergo shifter has been down shifting a click if I stand up and honk with the F.Der. at the upper limit screw. Not much of a problem but it started getting worse over the weekend. Now it's hard to keep it on the big ring. It's a bit on the older side and probably needs a rebuild. Branford doesn't offer a rebuild kit for the left. Should I just mirror replicate the basic parts kit for the right?

I've rebuilt the left but can't remember. You best flatter OP some more.Haha...

Lewis Moon
04-22-2013, 08:25 PM
I've rebuilt the left but can't remember. You best flatter OP some more.Haha...

Peter has been quite the asset....I was hoping not to bug him on this one.

oldpotatoe
04-23-2013, 07:53 AM

I have the stuff for the LH ERGO. Shift springs is all ya probably need. Mirror image springs compared to the RH ERGO. Hopefully the spring carrier isn't split but that's very unusual on the LH ERGO.