PDA

View Full Version : OT:Rolling Stones Tour

Jeff N.
11-25-2005, 10:50 PM
I checked out The Stones when they were here at Petco Park. Just an incredible show! Anyone else get a chance to see them on their tour? I've seen them several times in my life, but this was absolutely their best concert ever. Total professionals. Jeff N.

Kevan
11-26-2005, 07:08 AM
that tickets for two would cost more than purchasing their entire CD collection.

Redturbo
11-26-2005, 07:26 AM
I saw them 2 retirement tours ago and back in 82 I think :beer:

turbo

manet
11-26-2005, 07:28 AM
The Stones
Anyone else get a chance to see them on their tour? Jeff N.

WHO?

CHEERIO.

Bill Bove
11-26-2005, 08:29 AM
The Stones subsidized the British cycling team at the last olympics. Despite their appearences, they are big sports fans.

On another much sadder anglophilic note, Georgie Best died yesterday. Man, was he ever cool, no Cool with a capitol COOL.

Smiley
11-26-2005, 09:01 AM
Yes Best was a good , great player . I did not know that you followed Futbol Mr Bove . I guess your thinking of going to the world cup in Germany ...maybe . Don't we have forumites living in germany where we can visit .

Fixed
11-26-2005, 09:39 AM
The Stones subsidized the British cycling team at the last olympics. Despite their appearences, they are big sports fans.

On another much sadder anglophilic note, Georgie Best died yesterday. Man, was he ever cool, no Cool with a capitol COOL.bro ginger baker cyclist eric clapton cyclist don't judge a book by lookin at the cover jagger's dad was p.e. coach jagger rides his bike a lot and the red rocker had his own bike brand .cheers :beer:

Bill Bove
11-26-2005, 04:59 PM
Yes Best was a good , great player . I did not know that you followed Futbol Mr Bove . I guess your thinking of going to the world cup in Germany ...maybe . Don't we have forumites living in germany where we can visit .

So Smiley, the year is 1978. I've just spent eighteen months in Central America having pot shots taken at me by the sandinitas so :crap: my Uncle Sam decides I should get a plum assignment for my next duyt station, I choose either England or Australia. since they didn't need anybody with my MOS down under they send me to merry olde :beer: . I show up at the base, go to my squadron and report to the first shirts office and hand over my orders to his orderly (who outranked me), He gives me a room in the NCO barracks and tells me they'll get in touch with me in a day or two with my flight assignment, to go home and relax. In the background the '78 world cup is on the radio. Well to make a long story only slightly shorter it must have been a great game because he misfiled my orders and nobody ever came looking for me for close to three months, :banana: three months that I hung around London and generally goofed off :beer: on the Air Force's dime. They only found out about me when the base had it's ORI come down on them and I'm walking around with hair to my shoulders and a full beard :D . Oh, the colonel freaked and yelled but I was just following my instructions.

e-RICHIE
11-26-2005, 06:34 PM
and the red rocker had his own bike brand .cheers :beer:

imho, the bro:

gasman
11-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Keith Richards is still alive ? :rolleyes: