PDA

View Full Version : PSA: 1975 Richard Sachs - full restore - $2100 (Colorado Springs)

rodcad
04-19-2013, 06:23 AM
I know nothing about this bike or seller but thought this might be of interest: http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/3752768124.html

This bike was built by Richard Sachs in Chester CT and is his 16th build as a commercial frame builder. Classic 70s racing geometry, period components, excellent handling and cornering. Never raced, never crashed. Frame fully refurbished in charcoal gray/pewter powdercoat by Spectrum Powderworks in Colorado Springs. Powdercoat is immaculate, head badge and downtube logo panels are powdercoat, not decals. Frame is lugged steel, 57 cm c-c.

Campy NR crank (49/42 ), f/r derailleurs, BB, headset, seatpost, brakes/levers, clamp-on shifters
TTT stem
Mavic handlebar
Brooks Professional riveted leather saddle (blk)
Ambrosio silver tubular rims, 36h
Clement Campionato del Mondo sewup tires

Serious inquiries only are welcome either by e-mail or at (719) 433-0118. Bike does not ship, cash takes it

christian
04-19-2013, 08:01 AM
What an awesome bike, and what a terribly unsympathetic restore. I'd have been interested but the powdercoat and non-period "decals" just ruin it completely. Awful.

Sometimes, it's better to leave things alone.

sailorboy
04-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Yes, maybe not 'period correct' but if you had to choose a US powdercoater who does the best work, I think you'd have a tough time finding anyone better than spectrum. It will work for someone out there. Including the parts, it sounds like a decent deal.

christian
04-19-2013, 02:02 PM
If you were to choose a car-crystal-encruster who does the best work, I think you'd have a tough time finding anyone better than Garson USA.

That doesn't mean I want a 1964 1/2 Mustang covered in crystals.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/graphics/diamond01.jpg

noahgenda
04-19-2013, 03:30 PM
lulululul
great reference

sailorboy
04-19-2013, 05:48 PM
Ouch Christian! the purist in you just isn't having any of it!!!

I suppose next you'll be telling me how I've been doing the scandanavian flick all wrong in my STI.

oh wait, you could do that couldn't you? ;)