PDA

View Full Version : Saddle Life

Stealth
04-15-2013, 07:03 PM
I have been riding a BG Avatar gel saddle for a while now and really liked it. Towards the middle of last season and now this year I have been getting saddle sores and a lot of discomfort in the undercarriage! ouch! LBS suggested tilting down the seat and seamed to relieve but felt like I was sliding down the whole ride. How long before you need to replace a saddle? It still looks good but could the gel or padding be breaking down below the surface?

MattTuck
04-15-2013, 07:06 PM
I have been riding a BG Avatar gel saddle for a while now and really liked it. Towards the middle of last season and now this year I have been getting saddle sores and a lot of discomfort in the undercarriage! ouch! LBS suggested tilting down the seat and seamed to relieve but felt like I was sliding down the whole ride. How long before you need to replace a saddle? It still looks good but could the gel or padding be breaking down below the surface?

This is the story of my life. I used to love my Avatar. I tried the Prologo scratch but I got chaffing right down the middle, and am now on to an aliante versus from fizik.

Does yours have the individual gel pads for your sit bones? Mine were clearly shot... I really liked that saddle.

Stealth
04-15-2013, 07:33 PM
Yes it has the pads. It is the 2nd evolution of the saddle I have had and loved both but they seem to wear out with no warning, they just seem to go bad. Before that, though, I love them.