PDA

View Full Version : From campag > sram > campag......

Dromen
04-15-2013, 11:14 AM
What rear hub can you recommend for ease of switching back and forth between campy & sram 10sp drive trains?

christian
04-15-2013, 11:20 AM
DT240.

Better solution: Be like Lance - divest yourself of that SRAM portfolio! Campagnolo Record hubs are nice. And cheap.

mistermo
04-15-2013, 11:31 AM
What rear hub can you recommend for ease of switching back and forth between campy & sram 10sp drive trains?

It's a complicated switch, but the White Industries hubs work as well as you will find. They make cassette bodies that can be somewhat easily switched back and forth on the same rear hub. However to do any Campy-Shimano (SRAM) switch properly, the wheel's dish must also be adjusted ~2mm to compensate for the difference between the two.

The other option is to do SRAMpagnolo:
http://velonews.competitor.com/2008/03/bikes-and-tech/can-you-run-campy-shifters-with-a-sram-drivetrain-sure-why-not_73404

akelman
04-15-2013, 11:34 AM
However to do any Campy-Shimano (SRAM) switch properly, the wheel's dish must also be adjusted ~2mm to compensate for the difference between the two.

I'm not sure if you mean for WI hubs, in which case carry on, or if you're talking full stop, in which case DT240s do not need to be re-dished when making the switch from Shimano/SRAM to Campagnolo.

firerescuefin
04-15-2013, 11:37 AM

I've had 2 pairs of Zipps that were about a 15 second ordeal.

jds108
04-15-2013, 11:43 AM
I would be just a little reluctant to switch out the freehubs on a White very often. I'm just thinking of those little tiny 2mm head pinch bolts they use to secure the axle. Seems like they would get rounded out with frequent use.

Of course one could just buy extra bolts and replace them when necessary.

I'm a big fan of White Ind stuff, and their Ti freehub bodies are good in that they won't get mangled like an Al body. But... being that they're Ti, I wouldn't want to be installing/removing the cassette lockring all of the time either - there is the chance of the threads galling from all of that screwing/unscrewing. (so use anti-seize on those threads - problem solved)

thirdgenbird
04-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Multisys freehubs accept both C and S cassettes.

http://www.edcoengineering.nl/bicycle-components/accessoires/body.html?pid=61#top

I know they come on some 3T wheels

thegunner
04-15-2013, 01:02 PM
try running your sram 10s cassettes on your campy setup, it's not wonderful, but i think you'll also be surprised...

JonB
04-15-2013, 01:03 PM
both Campagnolo and Mavic Hubs. Just swap the freehub bodies. Very easy.

vqdriver
04-15-2013, 01:24 PM
for ease of use, i don't know how much simpler it can be than dt. just pull off the old one and push the new one on. no dishing.
more tedious would be tweaking the RD each time.

JonB
04-15-2013, 02:27 PM
I have a set of current Campagnolo Record hubs laced to Reflex rims. I purchased a Fulcrum Shimano freehub body like this...

http://www.biketiresdirect.com/product/campagnolo-and-fulcrum-freehub-body

With this, I am able to go from Campy 10 (or 11 if I had that) to SRAM 10 and Shimano 10.

The freehub also works on my current Shamal wheelset.