PDA

View Full Version : Question for you Phil Wood BB experts

Ralph
04-14-2013, 05:50 PM
I've got a Campy Record Triple on one of my bikes and a 06 Centaur double on another. Both square taper....Record triple uses asymetrical 111 and Centaur uses symetrical 111. We all know that.

Also have a real nice show bike quality 06 Chorus polished silver double crankset (170 39/52)in my parts box....not using it mainly because it sits in closer to chainstay than the Centaur double. Resulting I think in less Q than Centaur double....although Campy tech sheet says both have same chainline. Realize chainline and Q not same things. This crankset uses the Campy 102 MM BB. We all know this.

I notice Phil Wood.....in addition to a Campy ISO symetrical 102....also sells a 105 MM ISO symetrical BB. Most web sites of vendors selling this BB say it is Campy specific. I know of no Campy crankset that takes a 105. Could this be a BB Phil Wood sells to folks like me who wishes their 102 MM BB had a tad longer spindle? Anyone thought about this? Maybe I got too much free time. I know I would like it if my Chorus crankset had a MM or so more on each side. Would probably use it then.

ergott
04-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Give them a call to verify. People there will give you a definitive answer.

oldpotatoe
04-15-2013, 07:31 AM
I've got a Campy Record Triple on one of my bikes and a 06 Centaur double on another. Both square taper....Record triple uses asymetrical 111 and Centaur uses symetrical 111. We all know that.

Also have a real nice show bike quality 06 Chorus polished silver double crankset (170 39/52)in my parts box....not using it mainly because it sits in closer to chainstay than the Centaur double. Resulting I think in less Q than Centaur double....although Campy tech sheet says both have same chainline. Realize chainline and Q not same things. This crankset uses the Campy 102 MM BB. We all know this.

I notice Phil Wood.....in addition to a Campy ISO symetrical 102....also sells a 105 MM ISO symetrical BB. Most web sites of vendors selling this BB say it is Campy specific. I know of no Campy crankset that takes a 105. Could this be a BB Phil Wood sells to folks like me who wishes their 102 MM BB had a tad longer spindle? Anyone thought about this? Maybe I got too much free time. I know I would like it if my Chorus crankset had a MM or so more on each side. Would probably use it then.

Phil makes a variety of spindles that may or may not 'match' a crankset made now or previously. The beauty of square taper.

keevon
04-15-2013, 07:36 AM
If you want to try a longer spindle without committing to the Phil, the Miche Primato bottom bracket comes in a 107mm ISO taper (Campy):

http://www.ebikestop.com/miche_primato_track_bottom_bracket_68_x_107_englis h-CR1620.php

While it won't last as long as the Phil, it's a good BB for the money. And like Phil, both cups are adjustable if you want to tweak your chainline a little.

Ralph
04-15-2013, 10:09 AM
If you want to try a longer spindle without committing to the Phil, the Miche Primato bottom bracket comes in a 107mm ISO taper (Campy):

http://www.ebikestop.com/miche_primato_track_bottom_bracket_68_x_107_englis h-CR1620.php

While it won't last as long as the Phil, it's a good BB for the money. And like Phil, both cups are adjustable if you want to tweak your chainline a little.

Thanks