PDA

View Full Version : OT - Kobe

dd74
04-13-2013, 04:03 PM
I'm not the biggest Lakers fan, but I like Kobe. I'm a Clippers fan, actually. But jeez, a ruptured Achilles tendon. I'm not sure he's coming back, which would be a shame. Fact is, at 34, he shouldn't have been playing 48 minutes in consecutive games. I think the will to win may have killed the career.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Chris
04-13-2013, 04:37 PM
Beckham came back late in his career. Hopefully he can too.

1centaur
04-13-2013, 04:44 PM
Fighting like hell to get in the playoffs with little chance of going far says something for his sporting character; 47 points the other night now seems a poignant reminder of his enduring talent.

Nobody will rehab with the intensity of Kobe if the prognosis favors fairly full recovery. He was thinking of retiring but ironically this injury may give him the mental relief needed to push it farther. That said, all comments I read make me think we'd be looking at the equivalent of Jordan with the Wizards, and those were not not good years to be a Jordan fan.

No matter what, this changed everything for Kobe, and if I were betting I'd say we've seen the last greatness from one of the greatest players ever. I know lots of people hate the guy, but I've long appreciated his burning desire to be better no matter how good he already was. His on- and off-court choices are easy to criticize validly, but the drive over so many years is worthy of a hat tip in a league where that has become rare, and the highlight reels to be found on the Net are chock full of head shaking wonder.

FlashUNC
04-13-2013, 05:02 PM
I've come to respect and appreciate Kobe for that psychopathic desire to win above all else, but he's also I think he's a tool and the kind of guy no one enjoys playing on a team with.

That being said, I wanted him to go out this year getting torched by the Thunder in the playoffs, not due to injury. Shame.

dancinkozmo
04-13-2013, 05:13 PM
i like his beef