PDA

View Full Version : For Pal Fixed...bro!!

dbrk
11-24-2005, 10:28 AM
fixed bro, you are gonna love this one...nothing like fixed from the nag man, no not ernesto, not _that_ 'nag but THE nag...keiren style...perfect...darn this one is beautiful...bro, love your style:
http://cgi.ebay.com/57cm-Nagasawa-Track-Bike-Fixed-Gear-Beautiful-Handmade_W0QQitemZ7199026930QQcategoryZ98084QQssPa geNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

dbrk

p.s. oh yeah, no connection to the seller...but i wish i had his bike

rePhil
11-24-2005, 10:40 AM
I ride little frames but that sure looks bigger than a 57 to me

ti_boi
11-24-2005, 10:45 AM
Beauty! Looks like it would fit me. I wonder if the seller will get that price for it though.....for that dime you are looking at a lot of fine machinery. Track Fixed bikes are probably a very select buyer....small group. That said, it would look nice in my garage. :cool:

Fixed
11-24-2005, 10:50 AM
bro that is the nicest bike I have ever seen the fork drop outs are like nothing I have seen before that is a work of art by a master if samurai were still around this guy would be makin their swords ...they may still be around but they race keirin and this is their katana thanks for the treat it looks like zen and the art of bike makin is alive and well i.m.h.o. if i could sell all my bikes today I would to buy that cheers :beer:

jerk
11-24-2005, 11:06 AM
if he doesn't get 2700 for it the jerk officially loses his faith in humanity.

jerk

ti_boi
11-24-2005, 11:11 AM
Just the karma from that mutha would be enough to guarantee wins....

sw3759
11-25-2005, 12:22 AM
bro check out that crown.no rolly pollys for that bad boy.that thing has less clearance than a Delta.best keep that demon on the boards.beautiful bike though...

dbrk
11-25-2005, 06:48 AM
bro check out that crown.no rolly pollys for that bad boy.that thing has less clearance than a Delta.best keep that demon on the boards.beautiful bike though...

True enough. Nagasawas will not clear a 25c Michelin Pro Race but will clear certain (why is it that Contis are always narrower than they are marked?) Conti 28c (but not all). I have a set of Conti 2000 28c folders, nice, really nice tires for cheap, just as good as tires that cost twice as much (but not Dugast-nice, I get that...) Nagasawa are only skinny tire bikes and it's always best to know what you are getting into. imho bro the only skinny tire bikes i'll keep around anymore are pegs and nagasawa...

Chances are we will see only the very, very occasional road bike again from Nagasawa. He has little interest in building them and so much love for Kierin racing. There are a few new track bikes incoming in December, I am told and you might ride one on the street if you are crazy skilled at fixed. My fixed Nagasawa has road geos and brakes because, well, I live rural and ride in the hills and have no interest in descending long without brakes.. Sometimes I envy city dwellers who get to zoom in and out of traffic on messenger bike fixies but that lasts only for about six or eight seconds, then I'm over it and happy to rarely see a car when I ride.
If I lived elsewhere I'd own different bikes than I do.

My interest in skinny tires has all but vanished, as most here know, and for the life of me I can't understand why there are a zillion bikes that can only be fit or ridden with skinny tires. I can go just as fast on a RolyPoly at twice the comfort. But "the market is always right," yeah, yeah, and I am clearly not the market.

It's also the case, strangely enough, that you go the way you imagine yourself and that the costume makes a difference. For me I no longer look like a "bike racer" with the helmet, glasses, and plastic painted clothes that create the "who was that masked man?" identity. Bike riding is hard to do without a costume but, I tell you, when you wear a cap, leave the glasses off your eyes (resting on top except when necessary), shoes that don't look like they were designed by a Ringling Bros. color coordinator, a woolish, quiet looking jersey, you get treated _better_ around here by drivers. People are kinder and gentler, to use a phrase that seems more ironic than ever. I'm not out "training" (for what?) or racing (good on ya' if you are!), and I'm no slower than I have ever been. If you like the costume, that's swell too but I think it's part of the reason cyclists are treated like a menace or freaks or fair game. Speaking of game, there are surprisingly few gunshots this morning in the woods. This is the time of the year you want your mountain bike to be blaze orange.

dbrk

Tom
11-25-2005, 07:43 AM
When I see myself in them for various reasons.

The glasses comment was funny because lately I've tossed the glasses because I got sick of them fogging up. I worried the contact lenses would disappear in the middle of the ride but no problems there. My neighbor did say on one really cold ride his eyes stopped focusing until he got inside again, so maybe if it's really cold out I'll dig out my ski goggles.

I find that these days I get a lot of consideration from the cars but I think that they think anybody out these days should be given a wide berth because they're unbalanced one way or another.

It's also funny that I'm edging in your direction of plain old bright colored shirts... no team kit for me unless I'm on the team. Except for my Polish Post jersey in honor of great uncle Nicodemus that supported my dad after his parents died and ended up in a Russian camp for about four months until they worked him to death.

Training? Whether I'm racing or not, I'm training to be alive when I'm a hundred years old. I have many years worth of people to piss off and I'll need all the time I can get.

Hope to see you out this way at the Open House if you have time. I'd think it an honor to make your acquaintance.

manet
11-26-2005, 10:08 PM
so does anyone know the geometry of this nag

seat angle?
top tube?

http://cgi.ebay.com/57cm-Nagasawa-T...1QQcmdZViewItem

Ken Robb
11-27-2005, 12:22 AM
I rode 12 miles around Mission Bay to Sportsman's Seafood for a fresh ahi sandwich and a pint of Yellowtail Ale and 12 miles home. It was grey and threatening so I rode the Riv Allrounder w/ fenders wearing my blue/grey Ibex Wool Zephyr jersey, "brown" MUSA pants from Riv (I haven't seen such an ugly color since my daughter got out of diapers), and wool socks with Gore-Tex lined black oxfords. This was a mis-matched UGLY outfit. I'm with Douglas: the more I look like a commuter/nerd the more respect I get from drivers. To most motorists I look like someone on his way to a destination rather than a wanna-be racer playing in and obstructing traffic.

If anyone can influence Grant Petersen to abandon his love affair with the poo-poo palette for his clothing line I would appreciate it. They feel great but oh those yucky colors!!

manet
11-27-2005, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE=manet]
seat angle?
top tube?
QUOTE]

56TT
74' seat d'angle

it fits, whadda'ya say doofus, shall i go4it?!

bluesea
11-27-2005, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=manet]
seat angle?
top tube?
QUOTE]

56TT
74' seat d'angle

it fits, whadda'ya say doofus, shall i go4it?!
You won (http://brugd.ctrl-c.liu.se/~bark/foto/uppsamling-2002/slides/reciept.jpg)

manet
11-27-2005, 03:11 PM
[QUOTE=manet]
You won (http://brugd.ctrl-c.liu.se/~bark/foto/uppsamling-2002/slides/reciept.jpg)

http://www.worth1000.com/web/media/69761/bigbikersource.jpg