PDA

View Full Version : campy mtb gruppo

yeehawfactor
11-23-2005, 09:55 PM
where might one find one of these? what else do you put on a late 80's italian mtb?

Russity
11-23-2005, 11:01 PM
I had the both the euclid and centaur groupsets on my handmade Roberts steel MTBs for a coupe of years, before updating the georgeous and perfectly engineered Record OR. Man that was a piece of work!! Best and lightest shifters and levers I have ever had on any of my (very numerous) mtbs.

Foolishly I sold the bike to begin my titanium fetish with a Merlin (which I still have). I have tried to hunt down these gruppos myself, but haven't had much luck. I'd be interested to know if you have any better luck.

Come on Campy....show those Shimano boys what you are really made of.

cs124
11-24-2005, 05:18 AM
where might one find one of these? what else do you put on a late 80's italian mtb?

dunno where you'd find them either...how about late 80's Shimano DeoreDX...or perhaps use some Campy pista parts to create a single speed mutt...

cs124
11-24-2005, 05:24 AM
snipped ...Roberts steel MTBs for a coupe of years, before updating the georgeous and perfectly engineered Record OR....

so, I see your taste for gentlemanly luxuries is not just a recent thing ;)

too bad you sold the Roberts, it would certainly turn a few heads out on the trails

Cadence230
11-24-2005, 07:45 AM
Check these brakes I found last week! Bellisimo! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7197212439&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Too Tall
11-24-2005, 07:47 AM
Are you kidding me? I have two sets of these in my junk drawer!!!! $300!!!!
I've got to start selling this stuff :rolleyes:

zap
11-24-2005, 09:15 AM
Campy released "flat bar" components not to long ago.

Someone in the US (Moon Machining?) has modified Campy ergo levers so that they work as flat bar triggers. I know some have used Campy carbon road derailleurs on MTB. Match that with polished Race Face Deus Crankset and you will have a sweet looking rig.

Russity
11-24-2005, 03:50 PM
...tucked away in my garage. I used it to commute on in London and NYC, but it's really too small for me. I should really put it on my 'For Sale' list, but can't bring myself to do it.