PDA

View Full Version : Look Keo Blade pedal choice - 12Nm or 16Nm

wgp
04-11-2013, 02:06 PM
For those who have purchased and use Look Keo Blade pedals, which "weight" release (12 vs 16 Nm) did you choose and why? Not sure whether the heavier release would be problematic, and worry that the 12Nm might be too light a setting. I have never pulled out of my current Look Keo Classic pedals.

Thoughts? Experiences? Thanks in advance -

eBAUMANN
04-11-2013, 02:10 PM
For those who have purchased and use Look Keo Blade pedals, which "weight" release (12 vs 16 Nm) did you choose and why. Not sure whether the heavier release would be problematic, and worry that the 12Nm might be too light a setting. I have never pulled out of my current Look Keo Classic pedals.

Thoughts? Experiences? Thanks in advance -

does the "weight" apply only to release and not also to entering?

i know speedplay makes a lighter weight release version of their pedals for lightweight riders who would otherwise have a hard time clipping into the normal pedals.

beeatnik
04-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Either setting feels incredibly secure. I think it's actually easier to clip into the 16s. Overall, there's not much difference.

crownjewelwl
04-11-2013, 02:46 PM
i had the 12s i never unclipped accidentally

leooooo
04-11-2013, 02:50 PM
I have both (bought used here, beggers can't be choosers!).
I already forgot which is which. Don't feel any difference clipping out.

happycampyer
04-11-2013, 03:02 PM
I have both, and prefer the 12nm version. The 16nm pedals definitely have a more positive engagement, but for me they are a bit harder to get out of. I've never had an issue with the 12nm pedals, and prefer the engagement to the spring-based Kéos.