PDA

View Full Version : OT: Anyone use twitter/social media for work?

MattTuck
04-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Curious what the best practices are with regard to keeping work and personal interests separate?

I think my twitter account has maybe 10 tweets total... and they're all cycling related. Wondering if I need to create multiple twitter accounts, one for friends, one for work and one for cycling?

csm
04-09-2013, 09:21 PM
I use it to pass the time at work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Elefantino
04-10-2013, 05:14 AM
We blast all our news out on various Twitter feeds, and reporters do lots of their own tweeting. When we cover live events online, we often stream their Twitter feeds into Cover It Live.

The Facebook, not so much, at least not work wise. But a lot of people spend time doing whatever it is they do on it.

Dave B
04-10-2013, 05:27 AM
I use it purely for social reasons, but was told to remain somewhat active in case a student tries to create a FB page to get you in trouble. Yep, it happens.

I have a fellow teacher who used FB to post daily assignments, but it was suggested he not use this method as it could invite unwanted "issues."

I also realize the world of education is a bubble that doesn't really have the same rules most adults have to deal with.

plattyjo
04-10-2013, 10:42 AM
I manage social media for work and keep separate accounts; just makes it easier and in the event you leave, there's no problems with who owns the accounts.

Dude
04-10-2013, 01:03 PM
What Plattyjo said.

cmg
04-10-2013, 01:45 PM
don't tweet or use facebook for work.