PDA

View Full Version : Is Hincapie Sportwear history?

gdw
04-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Their office looks vacant and there is a for rent sign in the window. Have they moved or are they no more?

pdmtong
04-07-2013, 10:54 PM
wasn't a good sign when BMC switched vendors this year

fatallightning
04-07-2013, 10:54 PM
I hope they just moved, we just our spring order in, and just booked fall/winter. Haven't heard anything contrary.

ultraman6970
04-07-2013, 10:58 PM
The web shows 2013 collection...

https://www.hincapie.com/

rwsaunders
04-07-2013, 11:18 PM
Their Facebook site is certainly active.

https://www.facebook.com/hincapiesportswear

93legendti
04-07-2013, 11:22 PM
www.promotive.com is still listing Hincapie as one of the brands sales people in the business can buy

Pete Mckeon
04-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Give RIch Hincapie a call and find out from source. They make LOTS of their product in family owned plants, SO I hope they are doing well, I like their product.

PETE

BumbleBeeDave
04-08-2013, 09:23 AM
. . . with big George they may not be on some people's "go-to" list any more. But there could be lots of reasons they moved. Maybe to bigger quarters as a result of success?

BBD

54ny77
04-08-2013, 09:43 AM
i've always been a fan of his racing (regardless of his doping, which was blatantly obvious in some years--pla d' adet, anyone?), but having read the deposition transcripts of what he said &/or did to people (to the andreu's, specifically), he deserves a big fat slice of humble pie. let karma work itself out on that one.

speaking of pla d'adet, anyone see this?

http://www.shmkt.com/web-portfolio/pladadet/training_facility.html

the home model names are funny: you can buy a "champion" home site starting at $1MM+, or get your inner real estate domestique on with an "enclave" site starting at $400k+.

:rolleyes:

BumbleBeeDave
04-08-2013, 10:27 AM
. . . but it would be a shame if his business went down just because of GH's actions in the past. On the other hand, this starts to get you into a quagmire of speculation about what his bro may or may not have known about George's doping--if he knew anything.

Bro family business problems because of trading on the sibling fame that turned to mush would be a shame. Bro family business problems after trading on sibling names with full private knowledge of George's doping would be--something else.

BBD

FlashUNC
04-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Couple guys I know here in CLT know some of the bigwigs at Hincapie. Haven't heard any grist in the rumor mill about them lately.

The Development Team is still racing, and they just wrapped up the Spring crit series sponsored by them.

Might just be moving for other reasons?

93legendti
04-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Oy...

PQJ
04-08-2013, 01:57 PM
. . . but it would be a shame if his business went down just because of GH's actions in the past

If the business tanks, it'll have everything to do with putting out products that function terribly and are made even worse. GH is some of the worst cycling clothing I've ever tried. It could've used a mad amount of EPO, T, etc; George should've shared.

Suntourguy
04-08-2013, 02:16 PM
I have 4 pieces from him and they are all good.

oldguy00
04-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but at a local Winners store (equivalent of 'Ross', etc in the US), they had Hincapie skinsuits on sale. Never seen anything like that in a discount clothing store!!

jlwdm
04-08-2013, 05:28 PM
i've always been a fan of his racing (regardless of his doping, which was blatantly obvious in some years--pla d' adet, anyone?)...

:rolleyes:

I did not see Pla d'Adet as that special. Everyone let him go up the road, sit on a wheel all of the way and then come around one rider for the victory. Only the US press and people in the US who do not follow cycling thought he was a climber after that stage.

Many Tour de France stages are won by riders who would not have a chance if the stage was a one day race. Winning a stage of the tour sometimes just means that you are far enough behind that no one cares about you. That is why there are often 6 or 7 or more breaks that form on a stage before the peloton decides there are no threats and it is safe to let the break go.

Jeff