PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in a photo tag thread?

Bruce K
04-06-2013, 05:41 PM
My son belongs to a Volvo forum that has a running game of photo tag with their cars.

The deal is that the first person starts with "A picture if your car and...."

The first person to post the appropriate picture "wins" and then gets to decide the theme for the next photo contest. No repeats allowed.

Having watched it for a while, it looks like fun.

I was thinking we could start one if there is interest.

Maybe even make it a sticky.

BK

MattTuck
04-06-2013, 05:44 PM
So, we'd do this with our bikes? I'm a little confused about it. Let's say I took a picture of my bike and a covered bridge... others would be looking for pictures of covered bridges?

Bruce K
04-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Yes, with our bikes.

To use your example the "starter person" posts a photo of their bike with a covered bridge. The first person to post a picture of their bike with a covered bridge "wins" and then they get to post a new picture to start the next round.

It's a game that never stops and gets harder as ideas can't be repeated.

But it also makes for some interesting photos from around the country or the world.

BK

christian
04-06-2013, 06:00 PM
No, if Bruce posted, "Pic of your bike with a covered bridge."

You'd post a pic of your bike and a covered bridge (that you specifically rode to photo - not an old photo), and then you'd post, "Pic of your bike with a lighthouse." and someone else would go get that done.

That's one way this works. On regional motorcycle forums, I've also seen where people take a photo of their bike with an obscure regional landmark, with no description of where it is. The next poster is the person who identifies that landmark, rides there, and posts a photo of their bike at the same landmark. They can then post a subsequent post of another not-so-famous place. The latter really only works if posters are in the same geographic area; say a state.

merlincustom1
04-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Dudes have a lot of free time.

oliver1850
04-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Sure, why not? Might get me off the usual roads, which is always a good thing.

Louis
04-06-2013, 09:37 PM
To use your example the "starter person" posts a photo of their bike with a covered bridge. The first person to post a picture of their bike with a covered bridge "wins" and then they get to post a new picture to start the next round.

If I read this properly, the second person to post the picture of the the bike with the covered bridge "wins" that round, not the first person.

slidey
04-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Oh yes! Sounds fun. I'm gonna stuff most of you by posting pics by the beach :bike:

vqdriver
04-06-2013, 11:19 PM
I'm game

Bruce K
04-07-2013, 12:23 AM
Technically, yes Louis, but the first post starts the "round"

Whoever starts it has to find something on their ride or go out and ride to a specific spot (farm stand, coffee shop, statue, etc) to get the photo

Some of the car ones have been very creative - I'm thinking bikes will be a little harder

BK

MattTuck
04-08-2013, 12:28 PM
I'm game also. Warm enough now to ride outside comfortably.... so you'll be seeing pictures from me regardless. Maybe this will give me some structure.

svelocity
04-08-2013, 12:35 PM
...but it's restricted just to San Diego and we use landmarks not ideas. It's been going on for two years now and its a lot of fun!

http://sdbikecommuter.com/forums/comments.php?DiscussionID=524&page=1#Item_0

I've learned a lot about San Diego that I never would have known about without the game. Doing it on a national/international level and using ideas is a very interesting proposition.

cdn_bacon
04-09-2013, 09:51 AM
But maybe an association to an image rather than the exact physical object, as I'm going to have a helluva time crossing the border just to play this game AND make it to work on time :cool:

AgilisMerlin
04-09-2013, 09:52 AM
someone post a picture already :banana:

i'll start

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx5ejhcQRn1qlwbfho1_500.jpg

MattTuck
04-09-2013, 09:53 AM
Bruce, since you brought it up, I think you should kick it off. If not, I'll start looking for stuff to take a picture of on my next ride.

SamIAm
04-09-2013, 10:00 AM
How about this:

Custom frame alongside the guy who built it, matching colors.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ouyrD0sSDZY/Td8Ko22DJ9I/AAAAAAAAE7M/DHIJy5bl5xw/s1600/5755977696_d1b948eb65_o.jpg

SpokeValley
04-09-2013, 11:08 AM
I nominate formulasaab for his picture of his bike leaning against the Tapeworm Rd. street sign. Top that! :)

Formulasaab
04-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Jumping right to expert level. I like it. :banana:

Bruce K
04-09-2013, 06:37 PM
OK

Next planned ride is tomorrow or Thursday, depending on weather

I'll try to find something fun

BK

Lanterne Rouge
04-09-2013, 09:08 PM
This sounds like it could be fun :banana::banana::banana:

I also can't get enough of the dancing bananas

:banana:

Clydesdale
04-09-2013, 09:18 PM
I have been thinking along these same lines but maybe by category. Like the first person posts covered bridge and then as many others who can find one add their pics. I'm in either way.