PDA

View Full Version : Hospitality hors catégorie

happycampyer
04-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Here's another story about friendships built over the forum. Last week I had to be in San Francisco on business for the first half of the week. Since it was spring break for the kids, i brought the family out for the week to make it a mini vacation (well, a vacation for them, a mini one for me). Over the years, I have had conversations with pdmtong, so in advance of the trip I reached out to him for ideas (we have daughters the same age), and suggested that we should finally meet. In addition to giving us a number of excellent suggestions for things to do, since he had Friday off, he offered to play tour guide and take us across the GGB to the Muir woods in Marin to see the redwoods, among other sights. The day was perfectly orchestrated, and included a stop at the Rapha Cycle Club in the morning on the way out (the girls loved the parklet made out of the chopped up Citroën), and another at Above Category after an awesome lunch at an organic pizzeria, before being dropped off at the ferry for our scenic return trip. The excursion was one of the highlights of the trip for everyone. Many thanks Paul!

vqdriver
04-05-2013, 06:49 PM
hors cat indeed. very cool

Louis
04-05-2013, 07:35 PM
It's folks like that who make the rest us looks downright mean. ;)