PDA

View Full Version : Fuentes.....a truly caring altruist

firerescuefin
04-04-2013, 02:08 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/fuentes-i-did-therapeutic-doping

Asked if he would deny that his activities constituted doping, Fuentes replied: “Doping? We are talking about activities that took place before Spain’s anti-doping law existed. It’s possible there was sports doping, but I would call it therapeutic doping, to avoid greater evils.”

Rather than any financial reason, and there was certainly no indication that any of his clients were treated for free (Tyler Hamilton said in his declaration he was paying nearly 50,00 euros a year), Fuentes claimed his motivation was essentially altruistic.

“You could use a doping substance for a worse end and it could have undesirable consequences...[but] I looked after my athletes’ health. I wanted to protect them from the immense danger that they were exposed to by the levels of training they did and by the intensity of their racing calendar.”

laupsi
04-04-2013, 02:12 PM
altruistic and capable of foreseeing the future given no one knows really knows what long term adverse conditions these athletes will encounter. not that the athlete cares, but that's a different story.

1/2 Wheeler
04-04-2013, 03:03 PM

“You could use a doping substance for a worse end and it could have undesirable consequences...[but] I looked after my athletes’ health. I wanted to protect them from the immense danger that they were exposed to by the levels of training they did and by the intensity of their racing calendar.”[/I]

I believe this to be true. The training/racing that these guys do is what is hazardous to their health. Many PEDs aid in recovery and are often medically prescript as such.

Against the rules? Yes

Un healthy? No

firerescuefin
04-04-2013, 03:06 PM
I believe this to be true. The training/racing that these guys do is what is hazardous to their health. Many PEDs aid in recovery and are often medically prescript as such.

Against the rules? Yes

Un healthy? No

Him doing it out of the goodness of his heart....No

Do we know what the long term effects are of EPO, HGH, Synthetic Testosterone...No