PDA

View Full Version : Approaching from behind...top 10 things I see and think

pdmtong
04-02-2013, 02:21 PM
10. your rear wheel quick release could be closed more
9. forgot to close your brake release too I see
8. that blinky light is really faint and is also pointed down
7. your saddle is too high since your hips are rocking a lot
6. damn that light is bright. On your left, I need to pass.
5. why is your seat bag dangling almost onto your tire - and whats in that huge bag? dont people know how to attach their bags nice an tight to the saddle?
4. shift down - it'll be easier
3. if you have a big butt, don't wear white shorts. On your left, I need to pass.
2. oh, a campy bike. worth a closer look.
1. oh, classic steel. definitely worth a closer look.

torquer
04-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Again and again, I'm reminded that the move to putting sponsor's logos across the back of lycra shorts just doesn't work when those shorts aren't worn by whippet-thin ProTour riders.
Ironic, isn't it, that the more real estate available for advertising, the less desirable a location!

ultraman6970
04-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Pff.. today went to a LBS and a woman was getting in asking help putting up together a new hybrid bike. No idea who helped her before but the same person put the fork backwards so the brakes were at the down tube side and not as it should be... just opened the door for her, moved the head and walked out.

Is so hard go to the internet and look at the picture of a bike? jezzz...

soulspinner
04-02-2013, 03:10 PM
10. your rear wheel quick release could be closed more
9. forgot to close your brake release too I see
8. that blinky light is really faint and is also pointed down
7. your saddle is too high since your hips are rocking a lot
6. damn that light is bright. On your left, I need to pass.
5. why is your seat bag dangling almost onto your tire - and whats in that huge bag? dont people know how to attach their bags nice an tight to the saddle?
4. shift down - it'll be easier
3. if you have a big butt, don't wear white shorts. On your left, I need to pass.
2. oh, a campy bike. worth a closer look.
1. oh, classic steel. definitely worth a closer look.

So true. I think when people come up on me these days they say why is he so slow, then they see Im a geezer:p

bikerboy337
04-02-2013, 03:15 PM
I saw that about 2 years ago... college age girl, riding a tri bike (on the college tri team)... her rear skewer was pointing straight... i rode behind her for about 1/4 mile as it wasn't safe to pass... pulled up next to her and told her that her skewer wasn't fully engaged.... she said thanks and kept riding...

still wonder if it caused any issues or if she crashed.. there was a wicked downhill just up the road...

zott28
04-02-2013, 03:29 PM

It was awkward, but I pointed this out to someone at a stoplight, knowing there was no way he knew that there was a full show of his crack. The guy thought I was being a smart ass, didn't say anything and shook his head. Then he thanked me at the next light and wonder aloud why his riding buddies never said anything.

pdmtong
04-02-2013, 03:39 PM
It was awkward, but I pointed this out to someone at a stoplight, knowing there was no way he knew that there was a full show of his crack. The guy thought I was being a smart ass, didn't say anything and shook his head. Then he thanked me at the next light and wonder aloud why his riding buddies never said anything.

these are hard to mention. the white bike shorts were a pretty large woman. good for her for riding. bad for fashion for white. it's not ;like black shorts are hard to find.

my friend recently came up on a guy who had his jersey on UNDER his bib straps. now one would think if you just look around, "hmmm, why am I different than everyone else?"

firerescuefin
04-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Don't look at my bum....you bum looker. ;)

bluesea
04-02-2013, 03:51 PM
10. wow, she has a nice tan
9. now that's why I like cute fit chicks that ride
8. dayam!
7. looks like she surfs
6. haven't seen her before
5. I've seen her a few times
4. whoa, major cutie in the Assos Brasil team jersey
3. all legs, mang! both of'em
2. ditto
1. ditto

jmoore
04-02-2013, 04:07 PM
"That dude needs some new bibs. I can see a coinslot. TIME TO PASS!"

reggiebaseball
04-02-2013, 04:45 PM
8. dayam!
7. looks like she surfs
2. ditto
1. ditto

Those thoughts constitute sexual assault Mr. Sagan.

Lanterne Rouge
04-02-2013, 04:59 PM
I don't see anything from behind, my eyesight is not good enough to see that far :(

slidey
04-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Approaching from behind??

Well, that's what she said! :banana:

zmudshark
04-02-2013, 05:15 PM
"That dude needs some new bibs. I can see a coinslot. TIME TO PASS!"
Jason, be sure to bring a new kit to AZ, not that I will behind you ;)

Uncle Jam's Army
04-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Please don't run into me as I pass is all I'm thinking.

Bradford
04-02-2013, 05:40 PM
I see the object in front of me getting smaller as it disappears into the distance.

sevencyclist
04-02-2013, 06:18 PM
I rarely pass anyone. So mostly I see skinny butts fading away into distance like Bradford.

Frankwurst
04-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Bradford and sevencyclist pretty much sum it up for me.:beer:

spaced_ghost
04-02-2013, 07:25 PM
8. dayam!
7. looks like she surfs
2. ditto
1. ditto

this. fat dude a$$es in white shorts and plumbers crack are invisibilo

OtayBW
04-02-2013, 07:46 PM
As you approach me from quite a ways away, you may notice a slight turn of my head detecting your presence before I quit my laziness and drop you like a rock!!!!!!!!! :banana: :bike: ;)

Hey - think positive!

ultraman6970
04-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Dunno if the... "dude I can see your crack from here... you really need new shorts" is in the list.

jmoore
04-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Jason, be sure to bring a new kit to AZ, not that I will behind you ;)

I've got white bibs for AZ! Old ones.

EvanTA
04-02-2013, 09:57 PM
usually looking at the pedaling to see how smooth it is, that'll tell me if i should hang with them for a bit or go ahead and move on.

or i'm seeing the fin of some tri dorks aero helmet and wretching on their feet

azrider
04-02-2013, 10:19 PM
1. Look......another cyclist.......

zmudshark
04-02-2013, 10:58 PM
I've got white bibs for AZ! Old ones.

Thanks for that picture.:eek:

martl
04-03-2013, 05:20 AM
Top ten things i am thinking in that situation. I am musing about

1. how cleaning a bike seems to be a forgotten art
2. How inflating a tire seems to be a forgotten art
3. on which side to put the QR lever and how to close it properly seems to be a forgotten art
4. Running a somewhat straight chainline seems to be a forgotten art
5. Adjusting the FD so it toesnt touch the chain seems to be a forgotten art
6. The view of your curly a$$hair through your formerly white, now brownish and sweaty bibs reminds me why bike shorts are ok in any colour as long as its black
7. I just saw the end of your shifter cable. Thanks for the reminder, need to get flowers for mums day.
8. I just heard your chains noise. Thanks for the reminder, my car needs fresh oil, too.
9. And your hairy calf reminds me, i need to water the cactii when i get back home
10. I saw you running three redlights the last 10km, riding dangerously close to these parked cars, just so dodging that bus you didn't see or hear with your ipod, and you did a hail mary stunt between that lorry and that SUV 5 miles ago. Bet you think i'm a brain donor because i ride without a helmet or visibility vest and you do.

shovelhd
04-03-2013, 06:46 AM
1. You better not sit up after I make contact. This break is gonna stick.