PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward Looking to Finish at Kona

spartanKid
04-01-2013, 02:37 PM
http://espn.go.com/sports/endurance/story/_/id/9112671/finish-line-kona

NFL to Ironman in two years? Pro Athletes are truly freaks :eek:

FlashUNC
04-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Maybe he'll cheap shot someone in the transition area.

(Long-time Browns fan -- and long-time Hines Ward hater.)

jmoore
04-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Now I want to see an Ironman guy go to the NFL in two years!

thirdgenbird
04-01-2013, 03:49 PM
(Long-time Browns fan -- and long-time Hines Ward hater.)

Long time steelers fan :)

rice rocket
04-01-2013, 04:18 PM
http://espn.go.com/sports/endurance/story/_/id/9112671/finish-line-kona

NFL to Ironman in two years? Pro Athletes are truly freaks :eek:

This is a hot topic on the local forum. People have their panties in a bunch that he wouldn't be meeting qualifier times, and would only be competing solely because he has some fame and fortune. Granted there are spots that are available through a lottery system and qualifying time doesn't matter there, but he would be "taking" the spot of some other person.

I don't care either way, but I can see triathlon (as a sport) getting a boost from the celebrity endorsement, which means more cast off bike parts on the market for me to pick up at a discount.:banana:

jlwdm
04-01-2013, 05:35 PM
This is a hot topic on the local forum. People have their panties in a bunch that he wouldn't be meeting qualifier times, and would only be competing solely because he has some fame and fortune. Granted there are spots that are available through a lottery system and qualifying time doesn't matter there, but he would be "taking" the spot of some other person.

I don't care either way, but I can see triathlon (as a sport) getting a boost from the celebrity endorsement, which means more cast off bike parts on the market for me to pick up at a discount.:banana:

Some of the same arguments as when Annika Sorenstam played in the Colonial pga golf tournament. Good publicity in both cases.

Jeff

rwsaunders
04-01-2013, 06:13 PM
Triathleting with the stars...:cool:

thegunner
04-01-2013, 07:34 PM

winter on slowtwitch = when i rebuild my bike

LegendRider
04-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Hines Ward lives a few miles from me -- entirely different neighborhood though! I wonder if I'll run into him on the bike.

thirdgenbird
04-01-2013, 08:14 PM
I wonder if I'll run into him on the bike.

A training ride with Ward is probably fun. Being side by side with him in a crit probably wouldn't be.