PDA

View Full Version : pedal spacers

vqdriver
03-31-2013, 04:17 PM
has anyone used these inline between their pedals and cranks?
quick googling turns up 20mm and some 1.2mm "pedal washers". that's a pretty big jump and it seems like the 20mm spacer is quite large. is this a typical size? any info on the added leverage causing any problems with the crank ?

Ralph
03-31-2013, 04:24 PM
My Look Keo pedals have extra long mounting bolts....allowing room for some pedal spacers if you wish to use them. I use (2) .5 MM spacers on each side on my double cranks. Just trying to make the Q on my double and triple closer together. Got them on E Bay. Search pedal spacers.

Have a friend....about 6' 5" with big feet.....who uses some of those wide spacers that thread into the crank arms, and his pedals then screw into the spacers. Works OK for him. No problems with his Campy crank.

Mikej
03-31-2013, 08:08 PM
I've used 3 mm machined spacers (I have access to aluminum stock and a lathe and a really cool machinist) I used spd sl 7800 pedal for several years. I weigh 165. I tried the looks with the longer axles, but I switched to custom speed play 56 mm axles but just got some 9000 speak with the longer axles. I just like spd sl pedals but need a bit of room. Ps I have a nib set of those speed play customs for sale....