PDA

View Full Version : Help with brake pads for Enve 45s

beta_hat
03-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Just got my first set of carbon hoops (Enve 45s) from a local sale. They did not come with brake pads so I am in market carbon specific pads. Since I am the second owner of the wheels, the warranty is nullified so I guess I have options in brake pads. I can go for the Enve specific pads or thinking about Black Price. Black Price are cheaper (about $20), wondering if anyone has experience with these yet?

If it matters, I am about 175lbs (hoping to shed a few, damn midwest winters). Thanks.

DRietz
03-29-2013, 04:13 PM
The Enve pads are some of the best available.

David Kirk
03-29-2013, 04:15 PM
The Enve pads are some of the best available.

I agree.

dave

jeepboy_90
03-29-2013, 05:45 PM
They make them specific for there rims, if you don't use them they void warranty. Spend a little up front to save a lot in the end.

beta_hat
03-29-2013, 05:48 PM
I think I might just use Enve's pad to start with. Since I am second owner, the warranty will not be honored anymore so I figured I'd get a sense of what some members on here think since I am inexperience with carbon clinchers. Thanks guys

poff
03-29-2013, 07:24 PM
I think I might just use Enve's pad to start with. Since I am second owner, the warranty will not be honored anymore so I figured I'd get a sense of what some members on here think since I am inexperience with carbon clinchers. Thanks guys

You'll see the most difference between enve pads and others on steep DHs. If you do not ride long or steep DHs you'll be OK with other cheaper pads.