PDA

View Full Version : Best of Times, Worst of Times . . .

BumbleBeeDave
11-19-2005, 09:12 PM
It was the best of times . . . Beautiful day today--clear skies, 40 degrees, got in 31 miles with my friend Steve on the River Loop. Really fun ride, and broke 4000 miles for the season. With a ride tomorrow and sometime this next week, I’m on track for an all-time season record. :beer:

It was the worst of times . . . Then I went by the local convenience store and saw the cover of the new issue of PEOPLE. They skipped over me for the “Sexiest Man Alive” AGAIN! Didn’t even INTERVIEW me, fer’ God’s sake! Chose some guy named Matt McGhonahey or semething . . . B@stards!!! :mad:

Of course, I felt better when I considered that I am 46, so I’ve now been skipped over 46 consecutive times. Sandy, on the other hand, being 182 years old, has been denied the honor more than three times as many times as me! ;)

BBDave

David Kirk
11-19-2005, 09:24 PM
Dude...........they didn't call you? They called ALL of us.

Sorry, never mind.

Dave

manet
11-19-2005, 09:58 PM
46?!!

tch
11-19-2005, 10:18 PM
I knew I had passed my prime when my students went from saying "Prof. H., you're 40 years old???" (verbal tone suggesting I look, say, 30) to saying, "Wow, Prof. H., you're ONLY 50???" (verbal tone suggesting I look 75).

...Nonetheless, Dave, People called me.... I was on my bike and unavailable, so I guess they went for the next one on the list....

EPOJoe
11-19-2005, 10:39 PM
You’re with the media Dave, so I shouldn’t have to tell you how these things work. All the campaigning, infighting, outright bribes. I’d blame your agent. Looks like he’s dropped the ball on this one. I wouldn’t be surprised if missing that list cuts a million off your next picture. Heads must roll... :argue:

manet
11-19-2005, 10:51 PM
venue change?:

http://www.savannahcat.com/store/mag_shadow.jpg

Saxon
11-19-2005, 10:52 PM
They called me, but I had a scheduling conflict with InStyle. :)
Besides, I have a deal with Tom Cruise; I don't compete in these silly magazine lists and he doesn't make sense. :banana:

Kevan
11-20-2005, 07:57 AM
and take a chance that more Sandy's of the world start banging on my front door? No thanks.

BumbleBeeDave
11-20-2005, 08:01 AM
. . . am I inferring correctly from your post that they called and you TURNED THEM DOWN?!?!?!

Why didn’t you give them MY number?

OK, that’s IT. We’re THROUGH! As long as you kept me in your heart I was willing to sneak around with you behind Sandy’s back. But now that you’ve . . . Oops.

BBDave

Kevan
11-20-2005, 08:04 AM
to go join the sewing forum.

Sandy
11-20-2005, 08:28 AM
and take a chance that more Sandy's of the world start banging on my front door? No thanks.

Now you know that you always have the bedroom window open for me....Sure startled your wife once, didn't I???? :banana: :banana:

Sandy

Sandy
11-20-2005, 08:30 AM
to go join the sewing forum.

Good idea! :rolleyes:

Sewing Stiches Serotta Sandy

Kevin
11-20-2005, 10:48 AM
Then I went by the local convenience store and saw the cover of the new issue of PEOPLE. They skipped over me for the “Sexiest Man Alive” AGAIN! Didn’t even INTERVIEW me, fer’ God’s sake! Chose some guy named Matt McGhonahey or semething . . . B@stards!!! :mad:

BBDave

Dave,

Trust me the award is overrated. It did absolutely nothing for my career. Then again I did not receive the award from "People", instead I won it from a little known magazine called "Can you believe this Jacka$$ wears spandex in the winter" ;)

Kevin

dave thompson
11-20-2005, 11:03 AM
Dave,

Trust me the award is overrated. It did absolutely nothing for my career. Then again I did not receive the award from "People", instead I won it from a little known magazine called "Can you believe this Jacka$$ wears spandex in the winter" ;)

Kevin
Subtitled: "Spandex Unleashed, Vol. 1"

Ginger
11-20-2005, 11:38 AM
You know Dave...I think the problem is that they try to keep the award "in species"...

(They saw the zebra outfit...checked with Zebra Life and found out you were on *their* list.)

Maybe you're just checking the wrong magazines?