PDA

View Full Version : FS: Zanconato Flat Crown Fork

msl819
03-26-2013, 09:21 PM
I bought a frameset from Protege 55 last Summer and it came with two forks. I prefer the straight blade threadless. Honestly, I just don't foresee using the flat crown threaded fork. I am going to throw it up here to see if anyone has a need. I would rather it be used as it is a really nice fork. The tubeset is Pego-Richie and the lugs are Richie-Issimo. The steerer measures 22 plus cm or 8.75 inches. Included is the CK 1" baseplate. If you have any question let me know. Here is the original ad... fork has the normal minor blems but is real nice otherwise. To be up front I have no idea what a fair market value on this would be so I will start at $350 shipped. If I am out in left field shoot me a pm and let me know.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=94069&highlight=zanconato

Peter B
03-26-2013, 10:15 PM
Nice fork.

Might be helpful to interested buyers if you provide the AC length and rake.

msl819
03-26-2013, 10:58 PM
Good point... the original build sheet states the rake at 4cm. If someone will tell me how to accurately measure the axle to crown measurement I will happily post it. I can also provide the original build sheet if there is any pertinent info that would help.

reggiebaseball
03-26-2013, 11:39 PM
you bought the blue Zanc?
Hows the ride brother?

bobswire
03-26-2013, 11:59 PM
Keep the fork for when you sell it. Yes sometime in the near future you will sell the frame and having it as you purchased it will be a selling point.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean the next guy who'll will end up with the frame won't want it. Last week I was negotiating with someone
on this forum to buy a frame but because he no longer had the "original" steel fork had instead a carbon fork I didn't buy it. Foresight.

COYO1
03-27-2013, 07:01 AM
keep the fork for when you sell it. Yes sometime in the near future you will sell the frame and having it as you purchased it will be a selling point.

+1

CNY rider
03-27-2013, 08:10 AM
Keep the fork for when you sell it. Yes sometime in the near future you will sell the frame and having it as you purchased it will be a selling point.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean the next guy who'll will end up with the frame won't want it. Last week I was negotiating with someone
on this forum to buy a frame but because he no longer had the "original" steel fork had instead a carbon fork I didn't buy it. Foresight.

Defintely.
You won't get what it's worth selling it alone, unless by some miracle someone has a matching bike and needs that fork.

msl819
03-27-2013, 11:58 AM

I know you are right... I know, I know. It kills me to have it sitting in a closet. Thanks for the wise nudge Bob.

msl819
03-27-2013, 12:00 PM
you bought the blue Zanc?
Hows the ride brother?

I bought the Blue Zanc... I love it. Not sure why I prefer the straight blade fork that much more, but I do. We all say we have bikes we would never sell, and I would say that about this one, but Bob has a point. You never know when you will need or want to sell and the original fork is a plus even if the other fork is also Zanc built. Only one can be original!

protege55
03-27-2013, 01:25 PM
That frame is certainly missed. Glad you're enjoying it.