PDA

View Full Version : Classifieds across the hall?

phcollard
03-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Jeez what happened there? There's nothing left. Software update? They decided to ditch the classifieds? Anybody knows?

Spin71
03-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Why don't you ask over there?

christian
03-26-2013, 04:29 PM
They moved to a pay-per-placement model. Look for "classifieds" in the top menu bar.

phcollard
03-26-2013, 04:30 PM
They moved to a pay-per-placement model. Look for "classifieds" in the top menu bar.

Yes but that's what I said... Nothing left. Looks like a deserted place.

54ny77
03-26-2013, 04:43 PM
is that like pay-per-view but without the happy ending?

ultraman6970
03-26-2013, 04:47 PM
??? then you guys say i speak in riddles :D

wooly
03-26-2013, 05:25 PM
I'm not liking the format but i am sure they had there reasons.

54ny77
03-26-2013, 05:32 PM
if paying for ads stops the sort of silliness that's been popping up here lately, things like "wahhhh, you didn't sell me your item, wahhhhh!", or the price police coming in and seagulling (that's a technical term for swooping in and crapping all over something for which you have no skin in the game, and then taking off), or the ridiculous "feelers" (really, if you wanna feel something, go feel your prostate, not the idea of whether you're gonna sell a friggin' bike part or not for cryin' out loud), then more power to 'em. we should do it here.

now that i've gotten my grump done, get off my lawn. :)

http://www.papadeltabravo.com/pics/getoffmylawn.jpg

William
03-26-2013, 05:39 PM
if paying for ads stops the sort of silliness that's been popping up here lately, things like "wahhhh, you didn't sell me your item, wahhhhh!", or the price police coming in and seagulling (that's a technical term for swooping in and crapping all over something for which you have no skin in the game, and then taking off), or the ridiculous "feelers" (really, if you wanna feel something, go feel your prostate, not the idea of whether you're gonna sell a friggin' bike part or not for cryin' out loud), then more power to 'em. we should do it here.

now that i've gotten my gump done, get away from my chocolates. :)

http://www.chrisvonada.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/forrest-gump-p111.jpg

;)
William

bluesea
03-26-2013, 05:45 PM
I have zero complaints. We have always had a great environment here, hope it can be maintained.

Frankwurst
03-26-2013, 05:45 PM
Here try this.:beer
http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f3/
Coming from a guy that's a computer idiot.

Enigma
03-26-2013, 05:46 PM
http://images.numusiczone.com/images/the_beginning_of_the_end-02.jpg

Lewis Moon
03-26-2013, 05:49 PM
I have zero complaints. We have always had a great environment here, hope it can be maintained.

Indeed.

slidey
03-26-2013, 05:54 PM
+1

I love this place, just as it is!

phcollard
03-26-2013, 05:56 PM
Here try this.:beer
http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f3/
Coming from a guy that's a computer idiot.

First thing I see is a one week old post by Angryscientist :D

But yeah I definitely love it here. Sometimes peeking at vSalon but nothng else. I am not a traitor and I do not want to be beheaded. Or whatever, I was just curious as there were a lot of nice stuff for sale over there as well.

Frankwurst
03-26-2013, 06:00 PM
First thing I see is a one week old post by Angryscientist :D

But yeah I definitely love it here. Sometimes peeking at vSalon but nothng else. I am not a traitor and I do not want to be beheaded. Or whatever, I was just curious as there were a lot of nice stuff for sale over there as well.

Hey I tried. Told you I was a computer idiot.:beer:

phcollard
03-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Hey I tried. Told you I was a computer idiot.:beer:

At least you found the old classifieds before me! :help:

I'm looking forward to seeing how the new business model works for them.

texbike
03-26-2013, 06:11 PM
Yes but that's what I said... Nothing left. Looks like a deserted place.

There's a NEW classifieds section. It's not where it used to be on the Vsalon. Look at the tabs across the top on their page. One of the tabs is titled "classifieds". Click there. They have a section for stuff over $50 and one for stuff under $50.

Have fun!

Texbike

esldude
03-26-2013, 06:17 PM
If they need money, seems there are better ways for their forum support. I think they pretty much have killed their classifieds. At the very least it will probably eliminate smaller items as it is only worth it for higher priced items. Which is a shame. I actually buy lots and lots of various needed pieces and get some pretty good builds as long as I am not in a hurry. Seems a simple percent basis (1% or 1.5%) would have been far better. Like it is I think they have done in the ad section across the hall.

While I have no idea it being the case, it does smack a bit of someone seeing all the business being funneled through their forum and wanting a piece of the pie, and deciding to put themselves in the middle to take a cut. That is okay, is their forum, but I think their method is very poorly done and thought out.

And I probably should bother posting this over there. But there is a thread here where I spend more time.

jlwdm
03-26-2013, 06:24 PM
If they need money, seems there are better ways for their forum support....

While I have no idea it being the case, it does smack a bit of someone seeing all the business being funneled through their forum and wanting a piece of the pie, and deciding to put themselves in the middle to take a cut. That is okay, is their forum, but I think their method is very poorly done and thought out....

I don't think they need money or are trying to bet a piece of the pie. VSalon has always tried to be about the bikes, builders and riding and not the classifieds. VSalon does not want all of the posts about items being sold elsewhere or all of the negative comments or unrelated comments that dominant the Paceline classifieds.

Jeff

esldude
03-26-2013, 07:02 PM
I don't think they need money or are trying to bet a piece of the pie. VSalon has always tried to be about the bikes, builders and riding and not the classifieds. VSalon does not want all of the posts about items being sold elsewhere or all of the negative comments or unrelated comments that dominant the Paceline classifieds.

Jeff

I have seen such negative or uncalled for comments in Paceline classifieds at times. I would hardly say they are dominant tough. The merely unrelated or mildly related comments lend some interest to me at times.

In any case, they sure came up with a foolproof method to reduce comments, and greatly reduce ads altogether. Plus, they are taking a piece of the pie whether it was the main aim or not.

Enigma
03-26-2013, 07:15 PM
http://funny-picks.com/wp-content/uploads/media/arrogance.jpg

AngryScientist
03-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Different strokes for different folks. Thats all.