PDA

View Full Version : How did you find your way here?

shinomaster
11-19-2005, 12:37 AM
I mean, how did you all wind up wasting (spending) so much time on this forum? I mean many of you do not own a Serotta bicycle. Some of you make other bicycles. Some of you have little or no intention of buying a Serotta.
I'm curious because there are so many other cycling chat rooms, and this one is not all that easy to find. Its entrance is sort of hidden up in the corner of www.serotta.com

Did a friend tell you, another frame builder? A bike shop? A loved one?
I'm not complaining at all, just curious...the more the better. I always tell people about this place ( but nobody comes).
I found it a few years back because I was looking for a place to whine about my Atlanta...ha ha... :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
I never though I would meet Richards Sachs here or Sache White or a Jerk or anyone...Or get boxes of baked good in the mail from a fellow member!

Good Times :banana: Thanks Ben..

The Spider
11-19-2005, 12:47 AM
Pegoretti.

Trying to track down as much information as I could before I took the plunge.

And just like coffee, one sip of the Serotta forum and I was hooked!

i likie the fact that most people who post on this forum have ridden a steel framed bike, can tease and be teased about ShimaNo/CampaNOlo and actually ride the things.

shinomaster
11-19-2005, 12:58 AM
Eames chairs are cool too... I have a fake one..

Serpico
11-19-2005, 01:19 AM
who sent you cookies?

shinomaster
11-19-2005, 01:30 AM
Not sayin...

cycleman_21
11-19-2005, 06:02 AM
Probably the most common way,
I went to the LBS he talked me in to a Serotta, came home, rushed to the web site, clicked on EVERYTHING and well, the rest is as they say gratifying history. Thanks for the laughs thanks for the info and by the way the bike is fantastic. :beer: cheers

Ron C

wwtsui
11-19-2005, 06:21 AM
I came here the first time because I was trying to learn as much as possible about custom titanium bikes; I keep coming back because this is by far the most informed, intelligent, opinionated, humorous, welcoming, helpful and thought-provoking set of bike nuts assembled in one cyber-hangout that I've come across yet. Thanks to Ben, the moderators, and all the forumites!

djg
11-19-2005, 07:22 AM
this big storm I think ... a twister ... and I tried to get home but I had to find toto ... and then I got home but nobody was there and then everything went black and then everything was spinning and I saw some horrible woman pedaling a ... a ... a hybrid bicycle in the sky and then I fell asleep and I woke up here.

Dekonick
11-19-2005, 07:30 AM
this big storm I think ... a twister ... and I tried to get home but I had to find toto ... and then I got home but nobody was there and then everything went black and then everything was spinning and I saw some horrible woman pedaling a ... a ... a hybrid bicycle in the sky and then I fell asleep and I woke up here.

Did you eat some of Shino's cookies???

Tailwinds
11-19-2005, 07:38 AM
I never though I would meet Richards Sachs here or Sache White or a Jerk or anyone...Or get boxes of baked good in the mail from a fellow member!

Good Times :banana: Thanks Ben..

I heard this forum mentioned on another cycling forum. Now I'm addicted.

I, too, wasn't expecting to meet some of the people I've met on this forum... or get some of the goodies I've gotten!

Sandy
11-19-2005, 07:49 AM
Shino gets cookies, Tailwinds gets goodies, and I get Kevan. How did that happen?? :confused: :crap:

Sad Sandy

Ray
11-19-2005, 07:52 AM
Don't remember exactly. I'd been on a couple of other forums plus the IBOB list. Somehow I probably saw a link to a thread here. After lurking for a little while, I recognized a few familiar faces from other groups, and they tended to be some of the folks I most respected on those other groups. Then I saw how many truely knowledgable people hung out here (plus enough well-intentioned goofballs like myself to supply the experts with a steady stream of questions to respond to). And I found myself coming back here more and more. I still visit the other forums occasionally, but this has become my first stop because I find the level of discourse here better and more interesting by a long shot.

I don't know if I'll ever own a Serotta (it's certainly a possibility, but not in the near future), but I like Serottas and sure appreciate the company's willingness to support this forum. And even their role in keeping it from getting too crazy, which the other forums do far too often.

-Ray

Blastinbob
11-19-2005, 07:52 AM
Ashton at Sundance Cycles turned me on to the forum when went there to test ride a Legend. The best cycling recommendation i've ever received and it's FREE ! :banana: :banana:

slowgoing
11-19-2005, 08:09 AM
Was looking at Calfees, found Kahuna's Calfee forum, found his related Serotta forum and liked the discussions here better than those on the Calfee forum. My hat remains off to Kahuna.

67-59
11-19-2005, 08:22 AM
Was looking at bikes at a shop in Madison (Crono Metro -- great shop, by the way), and liked the Serottas. Also liked the Calfees. Went to both sites just to look around, and discovered the chat room here.

I am one of those who ended up buying another brand -- my Kirk. And yes, I first learned about Dave on this forum. :)

dirtdigger88
11-19-2005, 08:29 AM
OK- Let me get this straight

Shino got cookies

Tailwinds got goodies

Sandy got Kevin

Ill take two bags of bud and some tail on the side- since someone seems to be taking orders here-

I can here looking for info on the Legend- got stuck in the vortex and have not been able to leave since-

Jason

Jeff N.
11-19-2005, 09:14 AM
Bought a Serotta Legend Ti. The dealer threw in (turned me on to) the FORUM for free! Jeff N. :banana:

Smiley
11-19-2005, 09:15 AM
Drank the Kool Aid and bought my first Legend at age 38 back 12 years ago or maybe thirteen , it was one of the first with serial number 25 and have been in the Tank for serotta ever since. Won't say how many Serotta's I have had the privledge to own and ride over the years since I used to work for the company and got to put on many demo's and rode many bikes. The people and the company are second to none in my book. Ben is the real deal if you all ever get a chnace to meet him and the guys and gals he has working for him are truly molded in his image and business philosophy. Every client I encounter is told to log on and learn from this wonderful medium we have called the forum.

Cadence230
11-19-2005, 09:39 AM
I've had two Serottas over 5 yrs going and a internet hookup at home for almost two years. I just found the forum a few months ago. I had no idea of the prestige that I think this forum has. Many knowledgeable and respected folks in the bike community hang here. Who knew? Heck I even hooked up with Dirt to go for a ride! It's a miracle! mike

Skrawny
11-19-2005, 09:55 AM
I chose the green pill... :D

I was researching bikes and went to all of the available websites. This was the only one with a cool/informative forum. I was a lurker and sometime participator for about 6 months before I bought my Serotta. I don't know if the forum affected my decision to buy Serotta.
-s

shinomaster
11-19-2005, 12:30 PM
Shino gets cookies, Tailwinds gets goodies, and I get Kevan. How did that happen?? :confused: :crap:

Sad Sandy

You got a mug too!! :banana:

Steve Hampsten
11-19-2005, 12:47 PM
"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about".

Oscar Wilde said that.

So I joined the party.

Kevan
11-19-2005, 12:56 PM
and am suffering from Stockholm Syndrome, that's why I stay. I'm afraid to run, what with that goon you have here watching me.

Boy, do I wish the old version of these forums had been in place 3-6 months earlier when I was in the process of buying a bike. Instead, I had just taken delivery of my Calfee in 06/01, when a couple weeks later I saw there was a website for exchanging all kinds of ideas. Mind you... no mistakes were made; just more info was available for possible alternative choices.

mwos
11-19-2005, 01:24 PM
From another forum, Serpico referred me.

Kathi

Andreu
11-19-2005, 01:48 PM
My perennial search for a perfect frame brought me to Serotta via an article in one of the UK bike mags (Procycle or Cyclesport - have forgotten now) and I am here still trying to decide. The journey is the reward.
A

shinomaster
11-19-2005, 02:59 PM
I can't believe I spelled whine wrong..

vaxn8r
11-19-2005, 03:50 PM
Several...4 or 5?...years ago when investigating my Tetra Pro. That decision took about 3 years to make...while I saved my pennies. Anyway, I used to go to the old Calfee phorum looking for as much info as I could find and that forum was linked to this one so I used to cross over all the time, owning neither a Calfee or a Serotta.

Now I finally own a Calfee and am on my second Serotta. This place is addictive thanks to all you guys.

vaxn8r
11-19-2005, 03:52 PM
BTW, I rode with KevinK today, who I first met on this forum. What a place!

bironi
11-19-2005, 04:00 PM
I first came looking for a used ti or steel bike in my size. I hooked up with someone who had a ti frame in my size, but he turned out to be a real jerk. I have stayed on because he is definitely the exception on this forum. I have made a few great purchases, and picked up a truck load of good advice, and a few good laughs along the way.

Thanks,
Byron

Birddog
11-19-2005, 04:01 PM
I was on a pub crawl and stumbled into this saloon about 5 years ago. Actually it was a different saloon , Kahuna ran it back then. They've changed bartenders and moved next door to make way for bigger crowds, but the same regulars show up almost every day. I like to sit in the corner and watch the "goinzon". Like most neighborhood joints, this one doesn't have enough visits from hotties, so the same ol BS gets rehashed on a periodic basis. Fortunately most of the posters are creative enough to rephrase the same ol BS to keep it interesting even in replay, but then what do I know, my memory is so short that I can hide my own Easter Eggs. Probably a good thing about the hotties, if we had a bunch, then probably everybody would be spewing words trying to impress them.

Birddog

Ginger
11-19-2005, 04:54 PM
A looooong time ago, I decided that I rode enough to deserve a custom bike. My LBS sells Serottas because they "don't let friends ride cheap titanium." I started doing some research and came across the Kahuna forum, started hanging out there a bit...then it changed, and then it became what we have today. I miss a little of the rougher crowd (Where else could you learn about both titanium bikes *and* home made bombs?) but I don't miss some of the contentious crowd. And while I did buy a CSi, I never got my Legend DKS...so now I ride a Kirk. But the people here are fine, fine folks, and I still learn things from time to time.

e-RICHIE
11-19-2005, 04:58 PM
Fortunately most of the posters are creative enough to rephrase the same ol BS to keep it interesting even in replay...
Birddog

Post of the late afternoon, Central Standard Time

Serpico
11-19-2005, 05:28 PM
some website or another forum had a link to a pic of John Kerry here--politics is my main interest (lol, not here Serotta_James) so I guess it would be interesting to see a Preznit candidate riding a quality steed.

Had to create a username to see the pic, then a few months later I was researching custom frames and considering a Seven.

Serotta's openness and the community that it spawned is what turned me on to the brand (as well as finding a great fitter in my state). Seven has a web forum, but you need the serial# of your frame for a username--they lost me right there (moots, calfee and others have "open" forums, but not as good as this one).

As a result of visiting the forum I drank the Kool Aid and haven't looked back. Just got my Concours this past thursday. :beer:

Sandy
11-19-2005, 05:41 PM
You got a mug too!! :banana:

You got that right! I got a mug. A BEAUTIFUL one at that.

Sandy

Rapid Tourist
11-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Its a long and somewhat painful story. I met some kind hearted strangers on a bike ride while I was test riding a trek. They were horrified and directed me to Smiley. I was inches away from plunking down good money on a Seven when I encounted the Smile man and his persuasive style. Ended up with a Concours, a choice I've never regretted, and a habit of hanging out here.

Got really lost with Sandy on a group ride at owner's weekend last summer. You wouldn't believe the therapy bills, but I've almost recovered from that... . ;)

Lifelover
11-19-2005, 06:08 PM
There was a thread on RBR that linked one of the discussions here about how much the Otrott cost. Maybe the original Tuna Sandwich thread. At the time I was active on the PO forum at RBR and I really enjoyed the even keel tone and the "no politics" rule here. While there is still a much more cantankerous "Lifelover" at RBR the mild mannered one post here.

Now I use this forum to offset the opinions of all the "racer boy" types that I tend to ride with. If it wasn't for you guys I'd be riding 19 mm ultra-light weight rims and tires. My back would hurt constantly, I'd flat every other ride and feel completely inferior.

I don't own a Serotta now but someday I will. Most likely used and hopefully bought from a forum member.

palincss
11-19-2005, 06:54 PM
I mean, how did you all wind up wasting (spending) so much time on this forum? I mean many of you do not own a Serotta bicycle. Some of you make other bicycles. Some of you have little or no intention of buying a Serotta.
I'm curious because there are so many other cycling chat rooms, and this one is not all that easy to find. Its entrance is sort of hidden up in the corner of www.serotta.com

Did a friend tell you, another frame builder? A bike shop? A loved one?

I came in search of dbrk, who I knew from the iBOB list.

Ginger
11-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Post of the late afternoon, Central Standard Time

So I was surfing a fantastic break off the China coast when a Great White web site chomped my long board in half. I fought the site off and I washed up on shore here...nothing's been the same since. The natives are a bit strange, but the food isn't bad.

(better?)

e-RICHIE
11-19-2005, 07:22 PM
So I was surfing a fantastic break off the China coast when a Great White web site chomped my long board in half. I fought the site off and I washed up on shore here...nothing's been the same since. The natives are a bit strange, but the food isn't bad.

(better?)

ginger snaps

back

Sandy
11-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Its a long and somewhat painful story. I met some kind hearted strangers on a bike ride while I was test riding a trek. They were horrified and directed me to Smiley. I was inches away from plunking down good money on a Seven when I encounted the Smile man and his persuasive style. Ended up with a Concours, a choice I've never regretted, and a habit of hanging out here.

Got really lost with Sandy on a group ride at owner's weekend last summer. You wouldn't believe the therapy bills, but I've almost recovered from that... . ;)

Actually, that ride is the most memorable ride that I have ever done. If alone, I would have gotten very upset, frustrated, discouraged, and probably angry. But Rapid T made it actually enjoyable for me, even though we didn't have a clue where we were. Unfortunately, the heat started to have its effects. ;) ;)

Sandy

YO!!!
11-19-2005, 07:32 PM
As a favor; e-RICHIE posted a bicycle for sale in the classifieds for me about a year ago. I had been gathering vintage lightweights for the past 15 years and thought it was time to change focus. Still love steel, but now prefer to outfit it with modern gear. Also have a new thang of owning less and riding 'em more.

Here is a link to some pixs of a few rigs I have owned. Still have the Sachs twins,Nagasawa{now fitted with 9 speed Ergo and Nucleon wheels}, and Tommasini.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ebayauctions

taz-t
11-19-2005, 07:41 PM
YO!!!,

Whatcha riding tomorrow?

Taz in ATL

Sandy
11-19-2005, 07:45 PM
YO!!! is a great choice.

Your bikes are really nice to look at, but Bobby is the best, by far!!

YO-YO Sandy

YO!!!
11-19-2005, 07:48 PM
The grey Shimanoed Sachs with the Spinergy's. Hope you're bringin'
your newby?

taz-t
11-19-2005, 07:53 PM
The grey Shimanoed Sachs with the Spinergy's. Hope you're bringin'
your newby?

Affirmative - looking forward to it!

- taz in EAST POINT

Spinsistah
11-19-2005, 08:27 PM
I've owned three Serottas, the current is an Ottrott. The forum is in a word, spectacular. :)

george
11-19-2005, 09:02 PM
I found my way here via my LBS who designed and built my Serotta CDA. When I first walked in to inquire about Serotta they showed me brochures and a few bikes they had on display at the shop but recomended this web site to look at countless Serottas. I went to Serotta .com and felt those early falling in love signs becoming stronger and stronger and stronger within a week I ordered my Serotta and have been happy with the exellent and superior product and the exellent and superior and informative forum! :)

Fixed
11-19-2005, 09:22 PM
bro davis phinney was/is a hero of mine on his book cover he's riding a serotta he was a great sprinter and always liked serottas, they make great bikes and always have and they are pretty nice to let us say anything we like about bikes even their bikes. i.m.h.o. cheers :beer:

Sandy
11-19-2005, 09:42 PM
I've owned three Serottas, the current is an Ottrott. The forum is in a word, spectacular. :)

Spinsistah is Spectacular.
Sandy is Spectacular.
Serottas are Spectacular

Forum is Fantastic.

rePhil
11-20-2005, 05:03 PM
A long long time ago I picked up a used Club Special. Wishin' I still had it.
My one and only Serotta, till I find that elusive used Legend.

I discovered the old forum. How many years ago was that?

Dr. Doofus
11-20-2005, 05:07 PM
was workin in a shop

had the chance to get a csi

got it

loved it until i put it in a fast corner

(it was the best straight-line bike in the world, but...)

still have the fork

still hang out here

shinomaster
11-20-2005, 05:21 PM
was workin in a shop

had the chance to get a csi

got it

loved it until i put it in a fast corner

(it was the best straight-line bike in the world, but...)

still have the fork

still hang out here

Are you saying that it did not corner well? OR that you did not corner well?

Dr. Doofus
11-20-2005, 05:51 PM
it didn't corner well

fitter moved me forward by 2.5 cm to achieve the sacred (BS) KOPS...ended up with a 58x59 with a 74sta...doof's weight was balanced on the bike, but it was so stupid long on the front end that it didn't corner well...it was fine under 24-25 in a corner...but that or faster it wouldn't bite the inside line and sometimes felt like it wanted to climb out...the cruddy lil gunnar doesn't do that...a 58.5 f-c vs a 62.5 f-c...

Doof would love to have another serotta...in a stock geo...or if he went custom, it would be 57x56.5 73 seat/73.5 head...

shinomaster
11-20-2005, 07:11 PM
Just curious...My Atlanta corners poorly too. Goes straight fast really well, but try to turn? Nope.

manet
11-20-2005, 07:21 PM
http://www.utexas.edu/courses/larrymyth/images/odyssey-home/B-sirens-draper.jpg

Ginger
11-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Is *that* how you got here manet? seduced by sirens?

shinomaster
11-20-2005, 07:23 PM
GReat painting MAnet, but it doesn't look like your style...who painted that? Delacroix?

manet
11-20-2005, 07:58 PM
Is *that* how you got here manet? seduced by sirens?

http://www.jimdietz.com/lured.jpeg

http://www.nqpaofu.com/2001imgs/oar.jpg

http://www.homines.com/fotografia/sister_lou/16_what_lured_hemmingway.jpg

manet
11-20-2005, 08:16 PM
then again:

http://www.purelyrics.com/index.php?lyrics=pxfpopzy

vaxn8r
11-20-2005, 08:19 PM
Just curious...My Atlanta corners poorly too. Goes straight fast really well, but try to turn? Nope.
My Atlanta was a "rock" but it handled like a dream. Descended like all the great Serottas. I guess it has to fit and made with sensible geometry but every Serotta I've ridden handled wonderfully.

Ginger
11-20-2005, 08:31 PM
One of my favorite songs...

Bud
11-20-2005, 09:23 PM
Like others, I bought a Serotta at my LBS before I knew about the forum. I found this place when I began scouring the Serotta site after bringing home my new ride.

72gmc
11-21-2005, 06:57 PM
I'm here because I've wanted a Serotta ever since I found out the truth about those 7-11 team bikes. I came for the pics and specs, found the forum, enjoyed the perspectives and ride reviews and input from cycling luminaries (some of whom read the Robb Report) and decided to make it a regular stop. My Serotta is still to come... I may get lucky and find the right CSI at the right time.

DarkStar
11-21-2005, 09:21 PM
Chunk 666 led me here way back.
Cheers :beer:

e-RICHIE
11-21-2005, 09:29 PM
Chunk 666 led me here way back.
Cheers :beer:

you're dating yourself - and some of us!
did Chunk 666 vaporize?

Louis
11-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Chunk 666 led me here way back

Ah, the good old days...

Anybody have any duct tape?

Louis

e-RICHIE
11-21-2005, 09:33 PM
Ah, the good old days...

Anybody have any duct tape?

Louis

why -
are you lactating?

Louis
11-21-2005, 09:51 PM
why - are you lactating?

Oh how quickly we forget.

e-RICHIE, you may not use duct tape on any of your bikes, (at least that I know of) but as I recall, duct tape was an important structural portion of many of CHUNK's creations, a useful fashion accessory, and an all-purpose fix-everything tool.

http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland/Content?oid=22224&category=34029

http://www.digitalmediatree.com/tommoody/comment/22936/

Sandy
11-21-2005, 10:02 PM
In 1998, I was looking for a new bike and I test rode about 15-20 bikes. I fell in love with the CSi, so I decided to buy it. On the way home to tell my wife that I was going to buy the bike, I bought a single lottery ticket. The very next day, I realized that I was the sole winner of the $52,000,000 lottery prize.

I was elated. Then the phone call came- A man identified himself as Uncle Ben from New York. He was, without a doubt, the smoothest talking, slickest, amd most convincing person that I have ever talked to. He told me about the Serotta Forum and all of its wonderful viewers and posters.

Then Uncle Ben made me the offer that I could not resist. He was going to give me a Serotta CSi and would enroll me as a lifetime member of the Serotta Forum (must have been very expensive and difficult to do). All I had to do was give him my winning lottery ticket. Flash, it was done.

I have been ecstatic ever since, as I have a simply wonderful bike (liked it so much that I went out and bought another Serotta), and I get to post on the Serotta Forum any time, day or night, that I choose.

I often think that Uncle Ben sometime realized the foolish trade that he made. $52,000,000 is a lot of money. But a Serotta CSi and membership on the Serotta Forum is priceless!

Poor Uncle Ben!!!! :) :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes:

Smiling Satisfied Simpleton Sandy

Kevan
11-22-2005, 05:54 AM
You and I are finished!!!!

Sandy
11-22-2005, 07:00 AM
You and I are finished!!!!

Don't worry Kevan. I just won the Nevada $53,000,000 lottery. Once again, I had the only winning ticket. Our trip to the Orient is still on! :)

Sandy

Kevan
11-22-2005, 07:16 AM
are going to be so disappointed in me......

manet
11-22-2005, 08:39 AM
why -
are you lactating?

2 somethings for a rainy day:

1) http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/sherryanna/HPIM1398.jpg

2) http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00002596W.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

e-RICHIE
11-22-2005, 08:47 AM
2 somethings for a rainy day:

1) http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/sherryanna/HPIM1398.jpg

2) http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00002596W.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

2 more...
http://www.cottonwoodfarm.com/images/2005%20Foals/Life%20At%20The%20Top%20A.jpg

manet
11-22-2005, 08:58 AM
http://cache.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//Headline_Archives/bluecowboy.jpg

Doc Austin
11-22-2005, 09:07 AM
I fell in love with the CSi, so I decided to buy it.

I like this guy.

The very next day, I realized that I was the sole winner of the $52,000,000 lottery prize.

I hate this guy. :D

I had the pleasure of meeting Ben at a Chainwheel Drive seminar. I don't remember how it came up, but he told me about the forum and here I am.

Ozz
11-22-2005, 12:08 PM
I wanted a Serotta...web search....found the "phorum" run by Kahuna...lurked for a couple months....eventually got sucked in.

What ever happend to "D'MAN"?

jdoiv
11-22-2005, 12:29 PM
is a wonderful thing. I googled to find the Serotta site to find out who the local dealer was. I was interested in possibly repainting my Legend I've had for a long time. Stumbled into the forum and can't find my way back out... :cool:

MartyE
11-22-2005, 02:03 PM
way back in Y2K after all the refrigerators
and airplanes fell out of the sky . . .
oops wrong story.
Back in late 1999 early 2000 I bought a used Serotta (Nova Special)
and started looking for more info on Serotta than I
had up to that point. As I had been out of cycling since
before clipless, Ergo etc. (I'm an old fart) I registered and
posted on the original Serotta board since these guys
seemed to know what they were talking about.
(Big Mac, Seany Paycheck, Mavic1010, Thunderthighs to name
a few). Been here ever since, but quietly.
saw the demise of the popup site (pre kahuna), watched
Kahuna's site come and go along with Chunk and a few other
really obnoxious types.
Its like an auto accident in here. I don't wanna look, but somehow
I just have to.

marty

Ken Robb
11-22-2005, 03:52 PM
I was Googling for an Aussie porn site about Sir Rooter and it just er-----ah---popped up.

znfdl
11-22-2005, 09:11 PM
It is all Too Tall's fault.

William
11-23-2005, 05:26 AM
They let me play on the computer for an hour or two every day. I was only allowed pick one site to go to on the internet so I chose Serotta (I can see a Serotta sign across the road through the bars on my window). It was either that or the "Squashing Lemmings" site. They weren't to happy about that one....and it gets kind of repetitive anyway.

So here I am.

William

christian
11-23-2005, 07:46 AM
I was on the iBob and found out that Ken Robb, dbrk, Dennis Cotcamp, Ray Sachs, Steve Palincsar, and other sundry Bobbers were hanging out here. Figured I had to find out what the fuss was. I stayed because there was a real sense of community. And because I love to read the posts of the esteemed forum members.

I've since unsubscribed to iBob (but read the archives every so often).

Thanks to Ben for hosting the forum!
- Christian