PDA

View Full Version : Garmin Heart Rate Monitor help in the Gym

Not the Slowest
03-25-2013, 11:04 AM
I have both the new and older Heart Rate monitors straps and my 705 sees both once I turn the unit on.

I tried to use them at my gym and non of the machines picked up the signal. The units did pick up my older Polar NON-CODED T31 HER monitor with no issues, except my T31 is on it's way out. The machines at the gym use LifFitness and spinner software and should see the Garmin straps. I even tried several machines but no luck.
Any thoughts or experience with similar issue?

Thanks

Rob

christian
03-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Same thing at my gym. Machines seem ot work with Polar straps, not ANT+ Garmin. Don't know why.

Not the Slowest
03-25-2013, 11:10 AM
Have you had success or tried Polar HR straps with your Garmin?
If so which model.

Thanks

Nooch
03-25-2013, 11:33 AM
polar does not work with garmin, but works at the gym.

garmin does not work with polar, but works with any ant+ unit.

Not the Slowest
03-25-2013, 11:42 AM
polar does not work with garmin, but works at the gym.

garmin does not work with polar, but works with any ant+ unit.

Clear enough except the Tech people at both Spinner and Lif Fitness say the Garmin should work. Oh well, I guess I'll just try to find another Polar starp. I listed a WTB in the Classified, maybe something will come up. Worse case I'll just buy a cheap Polar watch & strap on Ebay.

Nooch
03-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Clear enough except the Tech people at both Spinner and Lif Fitness say the Garmin should work. Oh well, I guess I'll just try to find another Polar starp. I listed a WTB in the Classified, maybe something will come up. Worse case I'll just buy a cheap Polar watch & strap on Ebay.

If you want the best of both worlds, so to speak, you can pick up the polar wearlink strap. The strap is similar to the garmin's in that it has two buttons on it that you attach a transmitter to -- you can either attach the garmin transmitter to the polar strap when you use your garmin ant+ devices, or the polar transmitter when you're working out at the gym.

The strap is a little better constructed than the garmin strap, and a little more comfortable.

Not the Slowest
03-25-2013, 01:21 PM
I think I'll just get a cheapo Polar w/strap at least then I can use it beyond the treadmill etc.