PDA

View Full Version : Ordered some giordana knickes through amazon

Mikej
03-24-2013, 05:31 PM
FROM BIKESOMEWHERE, THEY will not return or exchange them, odd, I did not know this. fyi, be sure you know your size.

wc1934
03-24-2013, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. Good to know, as they have a ton of stuff for sale on amazon.

Mikej
03-24-2013, 05:59 PM
I actually had two seperate orders. First the bibs then I got a coupon and ordered a vest. As an experiment I tried returning the vest and that was ok. Just not the Knicks. They fit tight so I quess I'll live with them.

TPetsch
03-24-2013, 06:17 PM
Yes, this is good to know because I thought ALL purchases through Amazon were returnable/refundable.

flyhippy
03-24-2013, 06:18 PM
Amazon has a pretty strong buyer-side satisfaction program - if you open a claim with them, I bet they'll be suddenly more receptive to at least an exchange.

Mikej
03-24-2013, 06:25 PM
Yes, this is good to know because I thought ALL purchases through Amazon were returnable/refundable.

Me too but you do not find this out until after. It doesn't say not returnable it just doesn't have a box to check when you try to return. Every other item in my history has a box to check for returns, except the Knicks.

fiamme red
03-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Amazon has a pretty strong buyer-side satisfaction program - if you open a claim with them, I bet they'll be suddenly more receptive to at least an exchange.I recently opened a claim against an Amazon affiliate (Niagara Cycles) for a $100 order that I never received. I had a letter from the post office stating that the package had never been delivered, but had been returned to sender. Amazon decided against me, since Niagara claimed that they never received the returned package.

christian
03-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Fiamme Red - have you sought redress through your credit card company?

fiamme red
03-24-2013, 08:24 PM
Fiamme Red - have you sought redress through your credit card company?The credit card company said that since Amazon decided against me, I had no recourse. I've learned my lesson about buying bike stuff from Amazon affiliates.

bluesea
03-24-2013, 08:30 PM
Sounds like Amazon is turning into a jungle.

Pars
03-24-2013, 09:40 PM
Amazon has stuff that is sold directly thru them, and stuff that is shipped from and sold by a 3rd party vendor. Stuff that qualifies for Super Saver shipping is sold by Amazon, even if the order may come from someone else.

It appears the BikeSomeWhere falls in the 1st category
Ships from and sold by BikeSomeWhere.

However, if you look at BikeSomeWhere's detailed seller info
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/details/ref=aag_m_ss?ie=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&seller=A3SNLLVFZ6ABAC#aag_legalInfo

they do accept returns within 30 days of merchandise in new condition. They do seem to have some stuff on Free Super Saver shipping, but not Giordana. Dunno.

oldpotatoe
03-25-2013, 06:45 AM
FROM BIKESOMEWHERE, THEY will not return or exchange them, odd, I did not know this. fyi, be sure you know your size.

Not surprised on bike shorts/knickers/bibs. They can't be sure you try them on with skivvies on. Yes, all of us in retail have had 'that guy', who either tried them on or wears them, returns them and we get that 'surprise', when we look inside.

YES, disgusting..cuz the only thing you can do is throw them away.

Mikej
03-25-2013, 07:47 AM
Not surprised on bike shorts/knickers/bibs. They can't be sure you try them on with skivvies on. Yes, all of us in retail have had 'that guy', who either tried them on or wears them, returns them and we get that 'surprise', when we look inside.

YES, disgusting..cuz the only thing you can do is throw them away.

Well, I usually go with CC, but they were out of my size. They have a no questions asked policy on returns. Lesson learned. BTW I never wear unders when trying on shorts, am I the only one?

oldpotatoe
03-25-2013, 08:05 AM
Well, I usually go with CC, but they were out of my size. They have a no questions asked policy on returns. Lesson learned. BTW I never wear unders when trying on shorts, am I the only one?

Nothing personal. When somebody tries on our bibs, i politely ask them to 'keep their skivvies on'...

tiretrax
03-25-2013, 09:42 AM
Usually state law requires wearing underwear when trying on a garment that comes into contact with "personal" areas, such as bathing suits. I usually do that and wash the item before I wear it because you don't know what pig was in the dressing room before you.

CSTRider
03-25-2013, 10:04 AM
I recently opened a claim against an Amazon affiliate (Niagara Cycles) for a $100 order that I never received. I had a letter from the post office stating that the package had never been delivered, but had been returned to sender. Amazon decided against me, since Niagara claimed that they never received the returned package.

I'm trying to understand the logic on this - why are you responsible for the order if you never touched the package? If a vendor sends you a package, and the post office returns it without delivery, (to me) it appears you should just be liable for shipping costs.

If the package is somehow lost, then it seems that the vendor should take it up with the shipper (the post office). What am i missing?

rice rocket
03-25-2013, 10:13 AM
Did you phone in?

I've found the Amazon reps have a lot more freedom to do what's right when you call in.

i.e. I had a TV that UPS smashed on delivery. It wasn't available for exchange because they ran out of stock because they marked it down for Black Friday. A month later, it came back in stock, but at the original retail price. I tried to contact them on their chat service, and the rep wasn't helpful at all. So I called in, and said "so you are basically penalizing me for UPS's mistake?", and she finally got my point and was able to sell it to me at the discounted price.

fiamme red
03-25-2013, 10:29 AM
I'm trying to understand the logic on this - why are you responsible for the order if you never touched the package? If a vendor sends you a package, and the post office returns it without delivery, (to me) it appears you should just be liable for shipping costs.

If the package is somehow lost, then it seems that the vendor should take it up with the shipper (the post office). What am i missing?I sent Niagara Cycles the letter from the post office saying that the package had been returned to sender, and Niagara's response was: "If you have the proof that it is being returned to us then yes, we would need to have the tires returned to us. This is standard policy anyways. Maybe you can see if the postal service would have any information on it to where it is. They will be able to track it from the tracking number." So yes, they did put the burden on me to deal with the post office. Niagara's customer service was extremely unhelpful.

Did you phone in?

I've found the Amazon reps have a lot more freedom to do what's right when you call in.Yes, in retrospect I should have called Amazon, not just opened a claim online. But I was so weary of the whole thing that I gave up when Amazon decided against me.