PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Ultra Torque cups (Eng)/wavy washer/clip/bolt

handsomerob
03-23-2013, 01:47 AM
Well I picked up a NIB Veloce UT crankset at a swap meet for cheap and now realize that I am only half invested in a working unit.

So, I am looking for:
RH threaded bolt that joins the two halves of the crankset
bottom bracket cups (English threaded)
Wavy washer
Clip

Should that bolt have come with the crankset or does it come when you buy the BB cups?

If I can't get what I need for $30 or so, then I will likely just sell the crankset. It is a Veloce Infinite (black) 172.5mm 53/39.

ultraman6970
03-23-2013, 02:45 AM
The center bolt comes with the crankset.

The cups come with the washer and the clip.

The shimano outboard cups tool will work fine with the campy cups just in case.

oldpotatoe
03-23-2013, 08:53 AM
Well I picked up a NIB Veloce UT crankset at a swap meet for cheap and now realize that I am only half invested in a working unit.

So, I am looking for:
RH threaded bolt that joins the two halves of the crankset
bottom bracket cups (English threaded)
Wavy washer
Clip

Should that bolt have come with the crankset or does it come when you buy the BB cups?

If I can't get what I need for $30 or so, then I will likely just sell the crankset. It is a Veloce Infinite (black) 172.5mm 53/39.

Bolt comes with the crank. Clip and wavy washer comes with the cups. Bolt and cups for $30? Maybe but...

buldogge
03-23-2013, 11:41 AM
Looks like it will cost you about $42 plus shipping new for both.

You were always gonna have to buy the cups separately anyway...so...$20.99 for the bolt (cost = $18) is the cheapest I see online.

Did you get the crankset for $25 less than you could have otherwise???

-Mark in St. Louis

buldogge
03-23-2013, 11:44 AM
Also...just to double check...the bolt is threaded into the crankarm/spindle when NIB. It is not supplied in a separate little baggie.

Just making sure you didn't miss it there.

-Mark

handsomerob
03-23-2013, 06:37 PM
Looks like it will cost you about $42 plus shipping new for both.

You were always gonna have to buy the cups separately anyway...so...$20.99 for the bolt (cost = $18) is the cheapest I see online.

Did you get the crankset for $25 less than you could have otherwise???

-Mark in St. Louis

Got the crankset for $45... so I am not in it for much. I am a square taper guy, but figured that it would be nice to try this newfangled crank design on the cheap .