PDA

View Full Version : bro--count me in

Serpico
11-17-2005, 10:24 PM
As of 4pm today, I am now in posession of my first Serotta. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/party/party0045.gif Matte Ti Concours, designed for me. Has a Serotta-painted Ouzo Pro painted 'platinum' (matches the matte Ti)

Got a MOOTS Ti Post, Brooks B17 Special, silver Chris King and a silver IRD headset.

This bike is hella sweet. Most things in life tend not to live up to your high expectations--Ben and Co. (as well as the awesome gang at Cycles Unlimited, Springfield, MO) hit this one out of the park.

No decals, aside from small 'Concours' on the top tube, and 'Serotta' on the down tube. I'll be wiping the graphics/removing decals off the components.

The fit is perfect, I still have to get the gruppo/drivetrain, handlebars, and some wheels (Ergott has some stuff on order for me).

Probably switch the saddle to an antique brown B17 with Ti Rails, get some Fujitosha tape for the bars, and hang Chorus stuff on it.

Man, this is so sweet. I have been super busy for the last two months, but right around the time I complete this--my calendar (aside for work) will be wide open--LOTS of riding soon.

I should have some pics in the gallery soon.

This frame is SO perfect--so many details I was concerned with--everything came out right, or exceeded my expectations. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/party/party0009.gif

I was sold on the fitter I went to (Ashley Burchfield, Cycles Unlimited in Springfield, Missourri), but I wasn't sure about Serotta (I was considering a Seven before I ordered this)--I probably would've went with whatever the fitter suggested, but I was pretty comfortable with Serotta by the time I went in for the fitting--talking to you guys and visiting the forum totally sold me on the brand, and now receiving the frame confirms EVERYTHING. Good things are worth waiting for.

Yeah--I still haven't ridden it, and that's no small fact, but everything else has gone SO right--I won't lose any sleep over it (between now and when I get all the components).

Count me in--pass the Kool Aid.

Anyways, thanks for all the advice--from forum members, Serotta employees, my LBS, the Cyclerati that hangs out here, etc, etc.

dave thompson
11-17-2005, 10:31 PM
As of 4pm today, I am now in posession of my first Serotta. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/party/party0045.gif

Anyways, thanks for all the advice--from forum members, Serotta employees, my LBS, the Cyclerati that hangs out here, etc, etc.
I like that word; Cyclerati!

dirtdigger88
11-17-2005, 10:47 PM
congrats guy- I know you have been chewing your nails waiting-

Jason

Fixed
11-17-2005, 11:08 PM
bro you deserve it have fun gettin it ready enjoy ,you have always been in i.m.h.o. .cheers :beer:

vaxn8r
11-18-2005, 12:22 AM
Congratulations! I bet you love it.

Kind of uncool posting that before the pics though. Learn that from Dirt Digger? ;)

Smiley
11-18-2005, 08:35 AM
You came here and DRANK the KOOL AID , congrats wait till you ride the bike :banana:

Spinsistah
11-18-2005, 08:38 AM
Congratulations, it's alway fun to get a new ride, especially one as nice as a Serotta. :)

jdoiv
11-18-2005, 08:44 AM
and give us a ride report once you get it put together. I think the ride will blow you away more than the fit and finish....

Cheers Bro :beer:

Keith A
11-18-2005, 09:28 AM
Congrats on your purchase. I look forward to seeing your finished machine.

Cadence230
11-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Good for you! :)

Skrawny
11-18-2005, 12:27 PM
Welcome!
Where are the pix?
-s

mwos
11-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Serpico,

I'm so happy for you!

Can't wait to see the pics, enjoy!

Kathi

Cadence230
11-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Did you have that shipped from Serotta? I don't recall seeing it at the shop. You realize that you really have to post up pix don't you? I need em' baaaad!