PDA

View Full Version : Rouleur 37 and the Arenberg Forest

FlashUNC
03-20-2013, 07:30 PM
Stunning article in the new Rouleur about the Arenberg. Steal a copy from your friend if you have to. Great read on the history of it in the race, and first hand accounts on racing down the trench from Roger Hammond and Michael Barry.

Cannot recommend it enough.

MattTuck
03-20-2013, 07:36 PM
Is Rouleur available at retail anywhere? Barnes and Noble?

FlashUNC
03-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Is Rouleur available at retail anywhere? Barnes and Noble?

I believe Mr Oldpotatoe carries the mag.

phcollard
03-20-2013, 08:56 PM
You can buy it here too.
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/rouleur-cycling-magazine-issue-37/

gavingould
03-20-2013, 09:10 PM
Always takes forever for my subscriber copy to show up...

azrider
03-20-2013, 09:11 PM
You can buy it here too.
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/rouleur-cycling-magazine-issue-37/

that's not right. It says it's $13.86.......american dollars....for a magazine.....

gavingould
03-20-2013, 09:14 PM
azrider, usually it's $20 an issue. it's a lot more like a book each issue rather than a mere magazine.

tiretrax
03-20-2013, 09:34 PM
It's worth every penny, and you'll want to save it forever. Great photography and writing on heavy stock.

azrider
03-20-2013, 10:25 PM
Magazines are my guilty pleasure but thirteen bones ? man......

They sell em at BN ?

gone
03-20-2013, 11:02 PM
For those with an iPad, it's available there for about $8. Not the same as fondling the magazine but at least you get to read the articles.

gomango
03-21-2013, 04:08 AM
For those with an iPad, it's available there for about $8. Not the same as fondling the magazine but at least you get to read the articles.

That's how I subscribe.

Great for traveling and when I am stuck at the boys' incessant soccer games and track events.

phcollard
03-21-2013, 04:19 AM

They sell em at BN ?

It's OK. When they are out of print and you wait a bit you can resell them on eBay for at least what you paid :)

Plus what others said, it's more like a book than a magazine.

Liv2RideHard
03-21-2013, 06:19 AM

They sell em at BN ?

I pay $20 and go to my LBS and buy from him. Not available at bookstores. Worth every penny. They are more like books not magazines. Pick one up and you will see.

laupsi
03-21-2013, 06:24 AM
if you have a digital readear it can be purchased electronically as well through iTunes

oldpotatoe
03-21-2013, 06:29 AM
I believe Mr Oldpotatoe carries the mag.

yes I do, Privateer also(MTB version of Rouleur).

$20 a mag, 6 times per year. More of a soft cover coffee table book than a 'magazine'. This weekend, snow again, I'm gonna read the latest..cover to cover.

One of the best articles was about a retired pro who owned a used car dealer in Italy, showed some pictures, NEVER mentioned his name. Only at the end do you realize it was Berzin, great article and typical of the mag.

Wish it was printed in the US tho-it costs me about $17 per because of the HUGE shipping costs.

Lazer
03-21-2013, 07:49 AM

They sell em at BN ?

Pony up. Go to your LBS, not BN.

FlashUNC
03-21-2013, 09:13 AM
yes I do, Privateer also(MTB version of Rouleur).

$20 a mag, 6 times per year. More of a soft cover coffee table book than a 'magazine'. This weekend, snow again, I'm gonna read the latest..cover to cover.

One of the best articles was about a retired pro who owned a used car dealer in Italy, showed some pictures, NEVER mentioned his name. Only at the end do you realize it was Berzin, great article and typical of the mag.

Wish it was printed in the US tho-it costs me about $17 per because of the HUGE shipping costs.

Herbie Sykes' four-part series on racing in East Germany was amazing. I would easily read a book about it.

They have stuff every issue that I consider can't miss reading about the sport, both past and present.

azrider
03-21-2013, 09:24 AM
Pony up. Go to your LBS, not BN.

unfortunately he doesn't carry it....thats why i was asking about BN