PDA

View Full Version : Thomson carbon handlebars

ultraman6970
03-20-2013, 08:27 AM
Anybody have been using them?? Looks like a cool product.

Thanks.

c-record
03-20-2013, 08:28 AM
I put my hands on them and they seem nice. I was more excited about the Ti mountain flat bar. That thing looks nice!

Dave Wages
03-20-2013, 09:59 AM
I have the KFC carbon bars on my personal road bike that I displayed at NAHBS. I wanted to get the road bars, but they weren't going to have any 44cm's in time for the show, so I went for the cross bar. So far I'm pretty pleased with them, I haven't done a ton of riding with them yet (still pretty wintery here), but I have gotten out on that bike and I must say I really like the shape of these bars. Some shorter reach bars have very little area behind the hoods for a hand placement, but these bars have a fairly sharp bend from the tops going toward the hoods, and it makes for more room in that area. The drop and reach are also proportional, wider bars get slightly more drop and reach which is also nice. So far, I'd recommend them.

Cheers,
Dave

Len J
03-20-2013, 10:12 AM
I have the KFC carbon bars on my personal road bike that I displayed at NAHBS. I wanted to get the road bars, but they weren't going to have any 44cm's in time for the show, so I went for the cross bar. So far I'm pretty pleased with them, I haven't done a ton of riding with them yet (still pretty wintery here), but I have gotten out on that bike and I must say I really like the shape of these bars. Some shorter reach bars have very little area behind the hoods for a hand placement, but these bars have a fairly sharp bend from the tops going toward the hoods, and it makes for more room in that area. The drop and reach are also proportional, wider bars get slightly more drop and reach which is also nice. So far, I'd recommend them.

Cheers,
Dave

Dave...what group do you have on them? How is the ramp from the bars to the hoods?

Thanks

len

Dave Wages
03-20-2013, 01:10 PM
Dave...what group do you have on them? How is the ramp from the bars to the hoods?

Thanks

len

Ultegra Di2 levers, they have a nice smooth transition from the ramp to the lever.

Len J
03-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Ultegra Di2 levers, they have a nice smooth transition from the ramp to the lever.

Thanks. That's helpful

Len

ultraman6970
03-20-2013, 01:55 PM
Any campy guy using them?