PDA

View Full Version : Woo-HOO! Join my Tour de Cure team!

BumbleBeeDave
03-18-2013, 07:48 PM
This year I've been asked to lead a team in the Capital Region Tour de Cure for Rueckert Advertising in Albany. I've done the MS Ride for many years, and was on the local MS committee as route planner for 7 years. But I've never done the TdC and I'm really jazzed Rueckert has asked me to help them out.

Our area's TdC has almost 2000 riders every year, so it's definitely one of the largest cycling events around here, second only to the Battenkill. Rueckert has agreed to supply the first 25 recruits with free jerseys, and since they are an advertising firm they have their own award-winning graphic designer who's going to do something cool related to their logo you can see below.

If you'd like to either make a donation or join the team just PM me and I can give you the details. If you live within a few hours drive of here this would be a great way to see some new roads and pretty country in the Adirondack foothills. They have routes from 10 miles all the way up to a century and there are plenty of great places to stay and eat and drink in the Saratoga area.

Thanks!

BBD

BumbleBeeDave
03-18-2013, 07:50 PM
. . . if you do NOT either join my team or make a donation, William and his special recruiting squad (pictured here) will be stopping by to discuss the matter with you! :eek: ;)

parris
03-18-2013, 09:06 PM
Cool beans! This is the third year I'm participating in the ride that starts at Verona beach in the middle of the state. A group of us from work have been doing it for several years.

I HATE the disease as it's affected many people on my dad's side and it's insidious in how it damages and shortens peoples lives.

I've thought about doing the ride in the eastern part of the state but Verona is close to where I grew up and the ride gives me an excuse to visit friends and family that weekend.

Which distance are you doing?

Also for anyone who hasn't ridden in the part of the state that BBD is talking about he's 100% correct as to how pretty the roads and area is in general. It really is spectacular in that region!

henrypretz
03-18-2013, 10:44 PM
WTG Captain Dave!

NY would be a pretty long road trip for me, but I am actually a part of a team for the Napa Valley TDC on May 5. This will be my first TDC as well.

Cheers!
Henry

BumbleBeeDave
03-19-2013, 05:08 AM
. . . but also keeping in mind that as captain I need to do what's best for the team and if there are people who want to take part but are novice level I may need to ride to support them.

So maybe 10 laps of the 10 mile course? ;)

The routes are around Saratoga Springs, riding out of the high school, and weave through some very pretty country in the foothills of the Adirondacks.

BBD

Cool beans! This is the third year I'm participating in the ride that starts at Verona beach in the middle of the state. A group of us from work have been doing it for several years.

I HATE the disease as it's affected many people on my dad's side and it's insidious in how it damages and shortens peoples lives.

I've thought about doing the ride in the eastern part of the state but Verona is close to where I grew up and the ride gives me an excuse to visit friends and family that weekend.

Which distance are you doing?

Also for anyone who hasn't ridden in the part of the state that BBD is talking about he's 100% correct as to how pretty the roads and area is in general. It really is spectacular in that region!

DfCas
03-19-2013, 06:32 AM
I'm sure I speak for all diabetics when I say thanks for doing this. Hopefully there will be a cure someday or at least treatments will impove.

Dan (type 1 for 30 years)