PDA

View Full Version : Sidi question

huey
11-16-2005, 06:20 PM
First and foremost I just want to say how great this forum is in general. The knowledge and expertise is second to none. I found this forum in the summer of 2004 and got quite a kick out of it. I thought that it was just a bunch of snobs, but as I continued to read, I realized that it is much more than that. I found that this is a true community of people that share a wonderful passion, Cycling. Although I do not post much, I do check this forum at least three times each day. I like to see what is going on and find humor in most posts. Long story short, thank you everyone.

On to my question. I was installing new cleats today on my Ergo 1's and stripped the front cleat hole. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do? I really don't want to throw away a pair of $400 shoes.

Thanks,

huey

:beer:

Blastinbob
11-16-2005, 06:42 PM
You can probably get a new nut plate from sidi or take one out of an old pair of cycling shoes. The inner sole looks like it's glued down, so possibly a shoe repair could install it and re-install the inner sole.
Is it stripped or cross threaded ?

huey
11-16-2005, 08:53 PM
stripped

MRB
11-16-2005, 09:17 PM
You might try a helicoil insert. It may require that you go down a size in bolt dia. or size. Maybe a little JB Weld (Epoxy), too?

- M

BumbleBeeDave
11-16-2005, 09:56 PM
. . . but I’m slightly confused (like that’s any surprise to anyone here? :rolleyes: )

My Sidi’s--Energy’s and Geniuses--all have an adapter plate that attaches to the bottom of the shoe. The cleat bolt holes are in the adapter plate, not the actual sole of the shoe. Has Sidi done away with the adapter plates on their newer shoes? If this stripped bolt hole is in te adapter plate, can’t you just get a new adapter plate?

BBDave

divve
11-17-2005, 06:45 AM
I think the Ergo 1 plates are about $100 bucks, but it looks like the thread inserts are in the actual sole.

BdaGhisallo
11-17-2005, 07:51 AM
If you call Veltec sports and explain your situation they will send you some t-nuts to solve your problem.

You can cut an 'x' on the inside of the insole and get to the old nut and replace it. That should cure your problem.

huey
11-17-2005, 10:24 AM
Thank you everyone for your help, it is appreciated.

huey