PDA

View Full Version : Help with Campy 10s Bar End Shifter install (new 2012 version)

bikerboy337
03-13-2013, 06:54 PM
SO I stepped away from my work for a few and my 5 year old started twisting things a bit (it made a nice clicking sound)... i ended up with the internals getting "twisted' around i thinkg... now they look like the photos below and I cant get the portion where the cable inserts away from the block... i know, i'm making no sense...

basically if I reinstall the shifter, there is no place/way to install the cable... is there a way to get the internals set back tot he way they were so i can install this on the bike? Maybe OP or someone else has installed these?

This is the left shifter by the way...

any thoughts from those that have installed these would be appreciated...

Ralph
03-13-2013, 07:45 PM
I believe you can go to the Campagnolo USA site and find the drawing of how everything goes.

oldpotatoe
03-14-2013, 06:40 AM
SO I stepped away from my work for a few and my 5 year old started twisting things a bit (it made a nice clicking sound)... i ended up with the internals getting "twisted' around i thinkg... now they look like the photos below and I cant get the portion where the cable inserts away from the block... i know, i'm making no sense...

basically if I reinstall the shifter, there is no place/way to install the cable... is there a way to get the internals set back tot he way they were so i can install this on the bike? Maybe OP or someone else has installed these?

This is the left shifter by the way...

any thoughts from those that have installed these would be appreciated...

Put them on the 'boss and rotate the shifter recognizing the boss, square part isn't aligned properly, then take it off and put on correctly.