PDA

View Full Version : Bike to work clothes - anyone try?

moose8
03-13-2013, 05:02 PM
http://www.betabrand.com/bike-to-work.html

Has anyone tried these? I couldn't get the search function to work, so apologies if it's already been covered. I kind of want the dress pants.

dustyrider
03-13-2013, 05:27 PM

Has anyone tried these? I couldn't get the search function to work, so apologies if it's already been covered. I kind of want the dress pants.

Interesting pants. i have a 15 mile commute, for the direct route, most rides home turn into a ride, so i wear a chamois.
I also encounter troubles with the search feature, sometimes.

Louis
03-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Rapha wannabees.

csm
03-13-2013, 05:34 PM
That is a painful website to navigate with an iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Toddtwenty2
03-13-2013, 05:52 PM
I just started thinking about a better pair of pants for biking to work. I only go 6 miles each way, so I wear jeans a lot of the time to eliminate the hassle of changing when I get to the office (fairly casual workplace). The cotton wears out really quickly, and I'm on my third pair of jeans in the last 8 months. These are also mostly cotton, so I don't see them being any better.

Any recommendations out there for a pant that is more durable than standard jeans, but wouldn't involve changing in a bathroom stall?

spaced_ghost
03-13-2013, 06:06 PM
Rapha wannabees.

oh come off it. Rapha is its own wannabe, for one thing, and for another, everything about bikes, and about clothes for that matter, was started by one company and picked up by others.

Likes2ridefar
03-13-2013, 06:14 PM
i want the shiny silver shorts.

chrome makes some nice pants for commuting.

nighthawk
03-13-2013, 06:14 PM

I tried a pair of the bike-to-work pants, and honestly I didn't really care for the way they fit me. The construction is fine.. not remarkably durable, but certainly not cheap materials either. To me the leg bottoms are a bit too bulky with all that reflective material on the inside. Since I never roll my pants up when I'm on a bike, I find the bulk of that material really annoying. Also, if you have to tailor the legs shorter than the one size they sell them at (which I did have to do).. .your hem ends up being a mess with all that material, too.

Long story short.. I won't buy another pair. But, they're "OK".

eippo1
03-13-2013, 06:15 PM
Don't know about these but Sverve and Outlier stuff is tried and true good stuff for this kind of thing. Outlier is a bit expensive, but very nice and durable. I'll prob. Try out the adverse pants soon.

Louis
03-13-2013, 06:15 PM
oh come off it. Rapha is its own wannabe, for one thing, and for another, everything about bikes, and about clothes for that matter, was started by one company and picked up by others.

I'm no Raphisti - it was a joke.

nighthawk
03-13-2013, 06:16 PM
I just started thinking about a better pair of pants for biking to work. I only go 6 miles each way, so I wear jeans a lot of the time to eliminate the hassle of changing when I get to the office (fairly casual workplace). The cotton wears out really quickly, and I'm on my third pair of jeans in the last 8 months. These are also mostly cotton, so I don't see them being any better.

Any recommendations out there for a pant that is more durable than standard jeans, but wouldn't involve changing in a bathroom stall?

I wear Rapha's trousers at my office.. but I haven't put many miles in them on the bike... I'll get back to you in a few months as I plan on commuting in them throughout the spring and summer.

ckamp
03-13-2013, 06:21 PM
I like the sizing comparison tool they have. Neat, 36 length.