PDA

View Full Version : The last straw....

soulspinner
11-15-2005, 05:15 PM
I just read Ben Serottas remarks about Clay and I realized that all the good things Mr. Serotta said about Clay are what embodies Serotta products. I always wanted a Legend . I own two custom steel rigs and used to own a Cannondale. I used to think it was just sinful to have a frame as expensive as a Serotta for a guy averaging only 3000 miles a year. After all, I no longer race and cant do the 7500 miles (due to time constraints) I once did. I dont even "push" much anymore. A Legend frame is as expensive as my Strong foco bike complete with components and wheels.

I realize none of that matters. When faced with the commitment Mr. Serotta makes to excellence and my love for metal bicycles, I am a believer. I am going to give myself a Serotta Legend Ti for my 50th birthday next year and hang my Campy on it. Thanks for such great products and may Clays spirit soar.

P.S. Your forum and Serotta bikes I have seen made me a believer...
Soulspinner

Bill Bove
11-15-2005, 05:21 PM
I just read Ben Serottas remarks about Clay and I realized that all the good things Mr. Serotta said about Clay are what embodies Serotta products. I always wanted a Legend . I own two custom steel rigs and used to own a Cannondale. I used to think it was just sinful to have a frame as expensive as a Serotta for a guy averaging only 3000 miles a year. After all, I no longer race and cant do the 7500 miles (due to time constraints) I once did. I dont even "push" much anymore. A Legend frame is as expensive as my Strong foco bike complete with components and wheels.

I realize none of that matters. When faced with the commitment Mr. Serotta makes to excellence and my love for metal bicycles, I am a believer. I am going to give myself a Serotta Legend Ti for my 50th birthday next year and hang my Campy on it. Thanks for such great products and may Clays spirit soar.

P.S. Your forum and Serotta bikes I have seen made me a believer...
Soulspinner

Cool.

Fixed
11-15-2005, 05:37 PM
bro why don't we all order his shop's kit and his spirit will ride with us .what do you think being faced with illness for half of my life I have always thought it better to pass riding my bike than hooked to tubes . cheers :beer:

soulspinner
11-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Im in Fixed...

Bud
11-15-2005, 06:56 PM
bro why don't we all order his shop's kit and his spirit will ride with us .what do you think being faced with illness for half of my life I have always thought it better to pass riding my bike than hooked to tubes . cheers :beer:

You've got a strong philosophy on life, man. We should all enjoy what we have.

Bruce K
11-15-2005, 06:59 PM
Fixed;

It's amazing how great minds think alike.

I ordered a jersey this morning, but thought it a little lame to mention. I guess not.

BK

soulspinner
11-15-2005, 07:08 PM
Its not lame. Its cool, brother from another mother....

Serpico
11-15-2005, 08:12 PM
great idea, Fixed

merino wool jersey (http://citycycle.com/products_apparel.htm) :beer:

rt.100
11-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Ben Serotta's post, the patience and communication and fitting of Ian at FITWERX.com, and the amazing freedom of shared knowledge here on this forum, all have inspired me tonight to finalize my becoming a Serotta rider.

Build Serotta one at a time.

Vermont

Tailwinds
11-15-2005, 09:59 PM

Fixed, I'm in, too. I had a passing thought about this earlier today when I went to the City Cycles website. Now I'll do it. Thanks, you sound like a kindred spirit with your attitude.

This goes back to that "I appreciate this forum" thread. Fixed, it's folks like you who make this place so great.

Smiley
11-16-2005, 06:49 AM
Its really too bad we all did not have a chance to meet guys like Dennis Cotcamp and now Clay Mankin ( although I did meet and talk with him on 2 occasions ). For the record this forum attracts some of the BEST people on the web. I urge most of you to make it a point to come to the next Serotta Opne House and meet these same great folks including Ben Serotta and his staff ( Kelly Bedford , Sheriff James , Brian Smith , etc ). You'll see first hand that you'll forge friendships with these same wonderful people that you know by these wacky internet names, and before I forget I'll add BBDave to the mix of truly uniuqe and genuine people.
Lets all make time to meet next year. I imagine the lesson here is to Live Life to its fullest while we inhabit the earth. See you all in 2007 If God is Willing . Smiley

Smiley
11-16-2005, 06:50 AM
double post , sorry

Matthew
11-16-2005, 08:35 AM
Soulspinner you stated my thoughts exactly. It is wonderful that we have this avenue of communication amongst all of these great people. I have been on the fence about which frame will be my next purchase but I think I will celebrate my 40th. with a new Legend too. Just can't get it out of my head. Indy paint job, Campy parts. aahhh. It is an honor to be just a tiny part of this forum and a devotee of such a wonderful company. Thanks to Ben and the gang for making the best bikes around and for being good people.

Skrawny
11-16-2005, 10:29 AM
For those interested in a (non-custom) legend, there is no better deal than this:
Sierra Nevada Legend (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=11517)

Regarding the City Cycle team kit. I have one, it is very smart looking. Wearing one to remind oneself of the reasons we ride is as good of a reason to wear a kit as I can think of.
-s