PDA

View Full Version : Grand Bois Super Leger Tires

cbratina
03-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Just put my new Grand Bois Super Leger 700x30c tires, 232 grms, on my Litespeed Blue Ridge and tried it on a short 40 mile ride. They immediately reminded me of my Clement del Mondo's of 30 years ago. Same softer, but connected ride, the subdued road hum, the lack of vibration. Felt great. No loss of speed compared to my companions. Do need the cantilever brakes to clear the tire, would not fit on bike with Shimano BR-600 long reach brakes.

GRAVELBIKE
03-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Just put my new Grand Bois Super Leger 700x30c tires, 232 grms, on my Litespeed Blue Ridge and tried it on a short 40 mile ride. They immediately reminded me of my Clement del Mondo's of 30 years ago. Same softer, but connected ride, the subdued road hum, the lack of vibration. Felt great. No loss of speed compared to my companions. Do need the cantilever brakes to clear the tire, would not fit on bike with Shimano BR-600 long reach brakes.

Does your frame/fork not take full advantage of those calipers' reach?

coelacant
03-11-2013, 06:45 PM
I've been using the regular 'heavy' Grand Bois 32c for the last 4 mos. no flats, and that's with Challenge pink inner tubes. now that's more like the Del Mundos. rider's wt. 150 #s, 60psi fr, 65 r. Got the tires second hand from a guy who said he'd got too many flats.