PDA

View Full Version : De Rosa Primato Old and New

baselthedog
11-14-2005, 03:05 PM
Can any knowledgeable forum members clarify for me the differences between older De Rosa Primatos and the Neo Primato? How are they different in build quality, etc.? How do these relate to the Neo Pro? Thanks.

e-RICHIE
11-14-2005, 03:12 PM
they're likely neo and improved?

slowgoing
11-14-2005, 03:17 PM
Don't quit your day job.

Fixed
11-14-2005, 03:21 PM
bro threaded and threadless for one thing, a cool bike i.m.h.o. cheers :beer:

dbrk
11-14-2005, 04:59 PM
I think the tubing currently differs from older models. (I was impressed that DeRosa, unlike, say Colnago, still featured their lugged steel bike at Interbike. Colnago's decision to go back to the non-carbon rear on the Masterlight is a small victory, imho, but I'll take them any way I can get them.)

The new Faema bike for '05/6 has a steel fork again (thank goodness) though I have as well the Mizuno fork on a bike with Molteni paint. I prefer the ride of the steel fork bike but I can't stay it's really _that_ different as much as I think it looks, ohhh, about a million times better. As Fixed says both use the threadless steerer and that's far more a matter of aesthetics than performance. (I have two Sachs, for example, one threaded, one threadless; I often ride them back-to-back and there is not a shard of difference between them because of the steerer. Threadless proponents say things like "stiffer" or "more direct" but that's not my experience.)

I have a very soft spot for DeRosas because I love the geometries. These are bikes that ride right, especially in the traditional, non-sloping designs.

dbrk

Matt Barkley
11-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Other than the forks being different, lugged steel threaded with chrome - then unicrown - now lugged steel less chrome threadless - the bikes are pretty similar - newer steel tubesets past few years (Deda Chromoly), though similar alloys and diameters from before... :beer: -matt

e-RICHIE
11-14-2005, 05:46 PM
Other than the forks being different, lugged steel threaded with chrome - then unicrown - now lugged steel less chrome threadless - the bikes are pretty similar - newer steel tubesets past few years (Deda Chromoly), though similar alloys and diameters from before... :beer: -matt

eh i dunno.
that new paint scheme is kinda neo imho cheers brew:beer:

jerk
11-14-2005, 06:02 PM
eh i dunno.

bro imho that paint job may be kinda neo but those handlebars are kop. no they're mp. cheers :beer:

jerk

e-RICHIE
11-14-2005, 06:21 PM
bro imho that paint job may be kinda neo but those handlebars are kop. no they're mp. cheers :beer:

jerk

i agree.
btw - with enlightened observations like that,
i think you have the wrong handle. you should
rename yourself thereallysmartguy©™®.
cheers
e-RICHIE©™®

jerk
11-14-2005, 06:29 PM
imho bro with your ribs in the condition they're in you should rename yourself Broken©™®. "don't ask me i'm just a dumb frame builder". cheers :beer:

taz-t
11-14-2005, 07:05 PM
eh i dunno.

Well you know what they say: "Imitation is the sincerest form of ripping you off".

Or something like that...

Taz in ATL

Fixed
11-14-2005, 07:54 PM
bro that is my fav.color cheers :beer:

Grant McLean
11-14-2005, 10:14 PM
If you love red... you'll love this:

http://www.redbicyclette.com/

sspielman
11-15-2005, 06:48 AM
As others have said, the the tubing is different, but similarly sized. That is to say that the diameters are larger than the older traditional tubings such as SLX. The evolution of this model went something like this...original model was tig welded with a chrome unicrown fork named the "EL/OS" It was re-created with lugs, etc as the Primato and got the DeRosa steel fork with the flat crown. Columbus tubing was eventually replaced by Deda as was the threaded fork. The Neo Prois a close cousin, but utilised Columbus Genius tubing, with various forks.

sg8357
11-15-2005, 09:20 AM
Well you know what they say: "Imitation is the sincerest form of ripping you off".

Or something like that...

Taz in ATL

Think of it this way, you can have a nice red & white bike while
waiting for a really nice red & white bike.

It's the DeRichie loaner program!, When your Sachs is available you can
pass your DeRichie down to another person on the wait list.

Scott G.

Tailwinds
11-15-2005, 10:35 AM
Think of it this way, you can have a nice red & white bike while
waiting for a really nice red & white bike.

It's the DeRichie loaner program!, When your Sachs is available you can
pass your DeRichie down to another person on the wait list.

Scott G.

That's great, Scott!!

I was kinda hoping Russ' CSi might fit me. I'd like to have a really nice steel bike while waiting for a really, really nice steel bike. Will someone start a CSKirk loaner program? I can be the first recipient. 51.5 c-to-c, 54 TT, 53.5 STA, please. Orange is nice, but other colors would be entertained if the fit is right. :D