PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try Thomson's road or cross bars yet?

FastforaSlowGuy
03-07-2013, 10:04 PM
I'm curious if anyone's had any real world miles on them. I'm thinking of making a bar change (I'm running Pro Vibe S, and love thick tops but hate the weight and bend shape). I'd probably be looking at Thomson's cross model, because of the shorter drop. I'm curious where they fall on the stiffness spectrum and how the shape feels.

Gummee
03-08-2013, 08:50 AM
Guess not!

M

Bruce K
03-08-2013, 08:57 AM
I saw them at Gloucester cyclocross

They looked VERY nice but were not fully in production

I would need to check reach and drop before considering them to replace some older carbon bars I am getting ready to retire

BK

doomridesout
03-08-2013, 09:11 AM
I really would love to see them come out with something like the PRO round shape, the new 3T round bar, or Zipp's SSC bend-- something with a true flat at the bottom and a modern flat transition to the hoods. I am very much in love with the look of their titanium mountain bars, though.

FastforaSlowGuy
03-08-2013, 09:12 AM
I recall seeing a thread on this last fall, but I believe that was all pre-production coverage. I'm sort of surprised nobody has jumped on these yet. I like the reach/drop on the cross model, but I wonder if the wide tops would be a problem when riding in the drops on the road. I think Arts Cyclery did a review and mentioned it was an issue, but that guy was a lot bigger than me (6'1" and XL hands).

spaced_ghost
03-08-2013, 01:24 PM
this is relevant to my interests. do tell. curious they dont make an AL one.

patstar
03-08-2013, 01:55 PM
I'll wait until they are US made to pull the trigger. Very nice bars though, really digging the Ti mtb bar they have as well

eBAUMANN
03-08-2013, 02:18 PM
bought a set of the CX bars recently, haven't mounted em up yet but they certainly look the part. will report back if this thread is still relevant after I ride em...

vav
03-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Wouldn't that be something... a full Thomson alloy silver cockpit combo.

this is relevant to my interests. do tell. curious they dont make an AL one.