PDA

View Full Version : South Beach Miami rides/routes

r_mutt
03-07-2013, 02:29 PM
I am going to be in South Beach for a few days and I'm going to bring my bike. Can anyone point me to some longer routes to ride on the weekend?

Is there any place nearby suitable for interval training in the mornings?

Thanks gents!

Likes2ridefar
03-07-2013, 02:44 PM
if youd like i can put you in touch with a friend who races down there.

54ny77
03-07-2013, 03:01 PM
i would ride a cruiser bike to the beach, park it, and enjoy the scenery.

screw riding!

CNY rider
03-07-2013, 03:06 PM

screw riding!

Have to agree.
I'm spoiled by my local rural roads but I haven't seen anything in South Beach that I would want to ride on.
The ocean, the beach, restaurants, excellent. Just relax and enjoy yourself.

PQJ
03-07-2013, 03:06 PM

screw riding!

Er, it's South Beach - shouldn't that be 'ride screwing'?

r_mutt - I can't help much other than to say I've seen tons of triathletes and a few road cyclists heading north on A1A. It's flat, along the beach, and should do nicely for intervals (be mindful of the triathletes, of course).

r_mutt
03-07-2013, 05:30 PM

screw riding!

i've been to south beach too many times. it's not that scenic to me anymore! besides, i'm there for work. i have 1- 4-6 hour window on sunday to get a nice ride in, and then i'm stuck riding really early mornings to maintain my form. i just bought a case because i travel so much for work. i'm going to get my money's worth!

likes2ridefar- hit me with a pm. i'd love to chat with your buddy. he'd be the perfect person to talk to.

thanks PQJ - i'm going to check that out. is that the road that goes over one of the long bridges? i think ive seen lot's of cyclists there.