View Full Version : Annoucing BlueSkewer.com

Ahneida Ride
03-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Here is the problem and a solution... www.blueskewer.com

when cyclists want components.....they usually know where to locate em
and make the purchase ...

But what about if one desires something a bit out of the ordinary, something
special, something custom and unique?

Enter BlueSkewer, it's a spot where small fry artisans can all co-locate, and the cyclist seeking unique quality can finally find satisfaction.

It's just cool stuff from people motivated by a zeal for cycling, not a pecuniary passion.

jr59
03-07-2013, 01:48 PM
glad you finally put this site out there.

good stuff here

Lewis Moon
03-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Set this up so it can easilly be shared on FakeBook.

dd74
03-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Very cool. I might get a couple Walz caps. :banana:

BumbleBeeDave
03-07-2013, 02:08 PM
. . . and yellow and white. Blue skewers would clash . . .

BBD

soulspinner
03-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Cool. Thanks.

Ahneida Ride
03-07-2013, 02:14 PM
We'll be adding more artisans as the weeks go by.

(there is NO charge for bike artisans to present at Blue Skewer)

Please contact myself or Jason

MattTuck
03-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Nice execution. Several of these brands are on my "want" list already. The others I will not look at, for the sake of my budget.

jmoore
03-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Nice execution. Several of these brands are on my "want" list already. The others I will not look at, for the sake of my budget.

Your budget is about to get hammered. And we all thank you. :)

Three new companies requesting to be added today. Stay tuned for details.

slidey
03-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Now there's an easy-peasy solution! :banana:

VA-Scooter
03-07-2013, 04:26 PM
www.coolshi!Iwantbutdontneed.com--All on 1 page.

Louis
03-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Etsy for bikes !!!

Louis
03-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Nice execution.

Ray, assuming you'll soon have more than just a handful of companies up there, I think you need some sort of cross-referenced list of products or search capability - not everyone will know what each company makes.

As you scale-up you want folks to be able to find (without a bunch of frustrating searching) what's on offer.

Good Luck

jmoore
03-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Ray, assuming you'll soon have more than just a handful of companies up there, I think you need some sort of cross-referenced list of products or search capability - not everyone will know what each company makes.

As you scale-up you want folks to be able to find (without a bunch of frustrating searching) what's on offer.

Good Luck

Excellent observation.

We are going to slowly start adding categories once the number of companies gets bigger. For now, while we can still get all the companies on one page, we thought we'd keep everyone together. I've tested the categories and it works well but it hardly seemed necessary for only 1 or 2 companies each.

And for the record, the display order on the home page is random so no one company is always displayed in the first spot above the fold. Every time you come back to the site, the order will be different.

MattTuck
03-07-2013, 05:37 PM

Good Luck

Yeah, I know most of these companies, so I didn't need much explanation. If you didn't know the companies, some explanation or searching would be good.

Ahneida Ride
03-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Jason is correct ..

As the # of participants grows, we'll improve the organizational efficiently.

But we just had to start somewhere. :banana:

We all know where to find the Big Boys .... and their platitudinous ponderosities.

The unusual, The unexpected, That surprise can be found at blue skewer.

ultraman6970
03-07-2013, 06:07 PM
KInd'a hub for business... good idea.

Anarchist
03-07-2013, 06:23 PM
So much for 2013.

The first vendor I went to look at said "sorry, you don't get to look at our stuff because you don't have Flash installed" .. Oh well.

Climb01742
03-07-2013, 06:33 PM
I like the all on one page. For awhile you could just lengthen the depth of the page and let people scroll to discover more companies. True, at some point you'll need to go to categories, sections and pages, but I'd postpone that as long as possible. It seems that discovery is a key benefit of your site. The all on one page design supports that. Best of luck!

echelon_john
03-07-2013, 06:35 PM
That's excellent, Ray. Is your plan to 'curate' it; i.e. can anybody be part of it, or do you see filling it with companies that you have a connection to or have experience with?

I think the idea of an index of more special, 'boutique' cycling companies has a lot of merit; just wondering what your approach is/will be as far as what to include?

Very cool.

jds108
03-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Great job guys, looking forward to checking out the wares!

jmoore
03-07-2013, 09:10 PM
For now we are focusing on companies we know have a great reputation, products and service. As it expands, we will obviously not know everyone who wants to join. We will have to rely on good word of mouth or rec's from others to vet the new members.

We haven't run into any obvious scammers yet. Everyone has been genuine and easy to find good reviews for so it's easy to bring them on.

There's no telling how this will unfold, but it's going to be fun to be a part of. The idea has some merit for sure. That's why we wanted to do it.

That's excellent, Ray. Is your plan to 'curate' it; i.e. can anybody be part of it, or do you see filling it with companies that you have a connection to or have experience with?

I think the idea of an index of more special, 'boutique' cycling companies has a lot of merit; just wondering what your approach is/will be as far as what to include?

Very cool.

Len J
03-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Awesome idea. Look forward to seeing where it goes.

Len

William
03-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Well executed big guy!:cool:

William

xjoex
03-07-2013, 09:22 PM
We are psyched to be included in this. Thanks for putting this all together jmoore.

-Joe
(who is part of soulrun: http://soulrun.com | http://soulrun.etsy.com)

MattTuck
03-07-2013, 09:24 PM
We are psyched to be included in this. Thanks for putting this all together jmoore.

-Joe

Joe,

So, just out of curiosity, how does one get a jersey wallet? I check your site every friday (when I remember) but never seem to find any available.

dekindy
03-07-2013, 09:31 PM
http://www.trailled.com/

Very good business that would fit in with the theme of your site. I was not in the market for lights when I discovered them but recommended to some friends that have purchased and used the headlight extensively; highly satisfied with the quality, compact size, and pricing not to mention the powerful light and compact, inexpensive batteries.

Steve in SLO
03-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Joe,

So, just out of curiosity, how does one get a jersey wallet? I check your site every friday (when I remember) but never seem to find any available.

I have a similar question: after hitting etsy, facebook and the website I couldn't locate any info about your small tool roll...specs, prices, etc. Where can I find this?

xjoex
03-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Joe,

Hey Matt- Thanks for asking about the jersey pocket wallet. We add new gear to the shop each Friday and to keep you from having to look all the time we post them on facebook, twitter and etsy.

We will definitely have more phone sleeves and jersey wallets next Friday.

Hey Steve - You can check out our original tool roll here: http://www.etsy.com/transaction/111472283 . The original tool roll is $35.

Cheers,

-Joe

dekindy
03-07-2013, 10:54 PM
I have purchased from Handlebra, Illuminated Cycling, and Foxwear.

jmoore
03-08-2013, 09:16 AM
soulrun is a Charter Member of BlueSkewer. They were either company #3 or #4 to join.

Joe and Laura are great folks with great products. We are happy to have them on board.

And I have it on good authority that they will make custom jersey pocket wallets if you email them and ask.

-Joe

Ahneida Ride
03-08-2013, 09:25 AM
http://www.trailled.com/

Very good business that would fit in with the theme of your site. I was not in the market for lights when I discovered them but recommended to some friends that have purchased and used the headlight extensively; highly satisfied with the quality, compact size, and pricing not to mention the powerful light and compact, inexpensive batteries.

I just contacted them !

any suggestions are most appreciated !

cmbicycles
03-08-2013, 11:16 AM
So much for 2013.

The first vendor I went to look at said "sorry, you don't get to look at our stuff because you don't have Flash installed" .. Oh well.

Same results here... so much for my iPad being a useful pc replacement.

jmoore
03-08-2013, 11:34 AM

which vendor?

cmbicycles
03-08-2013, 01:12 PM
That was fast Freddy caps

Anarchist
03-09-2013, 11:52 AM

Well I don't install Flash on my laptop either, so ....

Ahneida Ride
03-09-2013, 01:41 PM
Well I don't install Flash on my laptop either, so ....

Can you elaborate? what is not working ?

Thanks ! :banana:

Bruce K
03-09-2013, 02:42 PM
I went to Fast Freddy also

I got the same message on my iPhone but it worked on my laptop

But when I hot to his site, there were no gallery links/photos and no way to view available "stock" patterns

I might have bought a couple if I could figue out exactly what he can do

BK

jmoore
03-11-2013, 09:09 AM
I went to Fast Freddy also

I got the same message on my iPhone but it worked on my laptop

But when I hot to his site, there were no gallery links/photos and no way to view available "stock" patterns

I might have bought a couple if I could figue out exactly what he can do

BK

Email him?

He's got a FB page with some pics: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fast-Freddy-Top-Caps/178182476379?fref=ts