PDA

View Full Version : Legend vs Nove

buechse
11-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Hi you guys on the forum!
I'm thinking about a new brother for my now exactly five year old 55cm stock Colorado III (see below). In the end I think I will go for an Legend or a Nove. The Legend offers a more classic look and a perfect polished surface while the Nove is a little bit more exiting. The Legend comes with a full Colorado Concept tube set (which I really like on my CIII), the Nove is - in this respect - the small brother of the ottrott. What's not so clear to me is: where is the difference in the way these two bikes ride. Is the Nove stiffer due to the Torsion Core carbon tubes? Is it lighter? Where is its advantage apart from being more exiting? Or is it simply a different tubeset that leads to more or less the same ride?
What I expect from my new Serotta is - compared to my CIII: it should be a bit lighter and a bit stiffer in the drivetrain. But, if possible, in the same moment it should be as convinient to ride as the steel frame. Custom geometry is not too important for me because my stock CIII fits very well (I'm 172cm and about 64 kilos). But I don't like the long HT on the Fierte TI/IT, so the Fierte won't be the choice.

Thank you for any comment,
Peter

Serpico
11-14-2005, 03:22 PM
haven't ridden either a Legend or a Nove, but the Legend seems more popular by a signifigant order of magnitude (even if you factor in that the Nove is a new model, and just look at recent sales comparisons between the two)

but I'll BUMP your thread, so someone more knowledgable can answer you :o

that's a beautiful bike, easily the best (I've seen) version of the classic yellow to red fade--very very nice :beer:

Serotta PETE
11-14-2005, 04:25 PM
I know that you can get the Legend to meet your requirements....I can not say too much good about the ride of a Legend or Legend ST.

As to the NOVE, I have no experience with it. I have ridden an OTTROTT for many miles and did like it. Between Ottrott and Legend - I like both and it would depend on my budget and which one you like the looks of. While the ride is different it is not one of good vs bad.

If you get a chance to ride NOVE as a demo, please let us know what it is like.

loctite
11-14-2005, 04:36 PM
The legend is available with the ST the Nove comes with the CS (seat stays) This difference will make the Legend ride much better than the Nove. Along with the CCT on the Legend. Go with the Legend ST its more bang for the buck.

700 x 23c
11-14-2005, 06:11 PM
So few people on the forum have ridden a Nove. I don't think anyone who has not ridden both bikes (legend vs. nove) for an extended period of time is qualified to make comments regarding the Nove. You cannot simply look at the seat stays and state one bike to be better than the other. I am sure any Serotta bike can be made to ride to your specifications/desires. I own a Nove and enjoy the ride, but I cannot comment on how it compares to bunch of other Serotta's. Oh, by the way, I rode the Meivici this past weekend. It is a sharp looking bike and a nice ride. Perhaps all carbon is the way to go.....certainly it would ride better than any other Serotta bike ;)

Ken Robb
11-14-2005, 06:24 PM
yeah, what 700 said. I think All Serottas are good rides and with all the variables like tires, wheels, saddles, etc. it would be impossible to make a blanket statement that model"A" is (fill in the blanks) than model "B".

Ask Kelly to design a bike for you with the following characteristics and then whether or not it could be done in a CDA, Legend, Nove, etc. If they would all be possibilities he could then tell you the plusses and minuses of each frame like cost, weight, etc.

The rest of us can pretty much just take a guess based on limited experiences with some models.

inthegutter
11-14-2005, 06:55 PM
well Loctite, I think that was the first time I ever heard a serotta product and 'bang for the buck' mentioned in the same sentence! :beer:

loctite
11-14-2005, 07:01 PM
So few people on the forum have ridden a Nove. I don't think anyone who has not ridden both bikes (legend vs. nove) for an extended period of time is qualified to make comments regarding the Nove. You cannot simply look at the seat stays and state one bike to be better than the other. I am sure any Serotta bike can be made to ride to your specifications/desires. I own a Nove and enjoy the ride, but I cannot comment on how it compares to bunch of other Serotta's. Oh, by the way, I rode the Meivici this past weekend. It is a sharp looking bike and a nice ride. Perhaps all carbon is the way to go.....certainly it would ride better than any other Serotta bike ;)

I have ridden both for an extended period of time, Legend wins hands down.

loctite
11-14-2005, 07:02 PM
well Loctite, I think that was the first time I ever heard a serotta product and 'bang for the buck' mentioned in the same sentence! :beer:

good point, bang for the lots of bucks!

Fixed
11-14-2005, 08:36 PM
bro i don't know as much about this stuff as the other guys here but i.m.h.o. I'd get a legend well.. cos it's a legend cheers :beer:

dirtdigger88
11-14-2005, 08:42 PM
I'd get a legend well.. cos it's a legend cheers :beer:

well said sir Fixed- well said

Jason

Wayne77
11-14-2005, 11:21 PM
Until you apologize to your lovely CIII (and to the forum members for being subjected to such a horrific sight) for leaning her against that metal pole, you aren't ready for another Serotta. Now go say you're sorry..maybe get her some new bar tape or something to smoothe things over...

Kidding aside, I say get the Legend -it's the best ti frame money can buy! But if a carbon/ti mix excites you more get the Nove. I think the Legend has waaay more soul.

buechse
11-15-2005, 01:59 AM
Your comments are going into the same direction as my thoughts do: the full titanium solution. One problem is that in Germany we don't have too many opportunities to test ride Serottas. That means that I have to make up my mind without testing. But with all your help on this great forum I don't think I'll run into troubles. And by the way: when I bought my CIII five years ago I did the same thing: choosing a Serotta even without ever having seen one. And Wayne, you're totally right. I still love it. That's why I'll buy another Serotta now without the feeling of making a bad mistake.

buechse
11-15-2005, 04:32 AM
Until you apologize to your lovely CIII (and to the forum members for being subjected to such a horrific sight) for leaning her against that metal pole, you aren't ready for another Serotta. Now go say you're sorry..maybe get her some new bar tape or something to smoothe things over...

Kidding aside, I say get the Legend -it's the best ti frame money can buy! But if a carbon/ti mix excites you more get the Nove. I think the Legend has waaay more soul.

Thank you for your care! but fortunately the pole was wooden and the only point of contact was the stem ;) . No scratches in the paint. :beer:

Ahneida Ride
11-15-2005, 08:24 AM
The Legend is available with conventional Ti stays !