PDA

View Full Version : columbia county (ny) dirt roads

yarg
03-06-2013, 07:29 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xhlohphorcwnuc9/columbiacountydirt.jpg

The map is a work in progress but if you look you will see that there is a butt load of dirt roads. I have ridden most and other dirt roads I have put on from being able to identify from googleearth. I am sure I have missed some and will modify the map once mistakes are known.

I am always up a ride if anyone wants to check these roads out. Thanks for everyone's help with the site suggestions.

Mike

Cat3roadracer
03-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Love to, set up a ride. Looking forward to riding the Fritter this Saturday with you and your brother. The weather looks excellent.

MattTuck
03-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Impressive work. If I'm ever in that area, I'll definitely use this.

paedalas
03-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Came up as a blank page

BumbleBeeDave
03-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Download with the blue button at upper right. It comes as an 18mb JPEG.

This looks outstanding!

We need to get a group ride together. You guys have to promise not to drop me like a bomb, though!

BBD

yarg
03-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Cat3 just talked to my brother and we were talking about a dirt ride sooner than later, will talk more on Saturdays ride. If we get it firmed up I will post. These roads are fantastic, flashbacks to R2D2 guaranteed.

pbarry
03-06-2013, 08:38 PM
So jealous! I was in Harlemville, '01 and '02, and found a few of the roads above. Great terrain there. Post some images when the ride comes together. :banana:

rgray
03-07-2013, 05:07 PM
These roads are killer. Anybody in the Albany area who has not ridden these roads should do so. You can easily piece together a ride with a majority of it on dirt. Very little traffic, small towns and some climbs that seem to go on forever. For those that have done Deerfield, these roads can be very similar and for those that are in the area looking to "train" for it, these are it. Looking forward to utilizing this map in the very near future. Thanks bro.