PDA

View Full Version : Pegoretti Palosanto Frameset 49 cm $1500 shipped obo

MilanoTom
03-05-2013, 05:58 PM
I've gotta post this before I change my mind. I've got a 2005 Pegoretti Palosanto that's a little bit too small for me, and I've finally decided to let it go. It's 49cm center-to-center (about a 50 cm center-to-top), with a 52cm top tube, in the "Nails" paint scheme. There's no tubing decal, but the Gita site claims that it's "Columbus heat-transfered low-alloy steel." It has a 1" Record threadless headset included. Currently installed is a Pegoretti steel fork (professionally painted red to compliment the lettering on the frame), and I'll also include the original Mizuno all carbon fork. I found the ride to be more balanced with the steel fork, but the carbon fork IS lighter. The frameset probably has no more than 600 miles on it, and is in very nice shape. I put protective tape on the headtube to minimize cable rub. No dings, and the paint is in fine shape (although it was never one of those "show bike" paint jobs to begin with), with only a couple of touched-up chips.

I'd love to sell it locally (Providence/Boston area) to avoid shipping, and I'll cut a break if that happens. I hate to part with it, hence what may seem like a high asking price. On the other hand, it's barely used, includes a top-grade headset, and a spare fork. Only the frame, forks, and headset are included. Shipping in CONUS only. I'll consider offers, but probably not trades. I'm looking to raise funds for a new project. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Tom

cmg
03-06-2013, 08:44 AM
cool bike. Any idea what the seat tube angle, headtube lenght are? if it's still built as shown in the photo what's the bar height from the ground and the saddle height from the bottom bracket? these dimensions help me size the bike.

MilanoTom
03-06-2013, 09:11 AM
According to the Gita site, the seat tube angle is 74.5 degrees (with a 72 degree head tube angle). The head tube length is 11 centimeters. The height from the floor to the top of the bars (at the stem clamp) is about 88 centimeters, however you could get a touch more height by flipping the stem. The seat height from the bottom bracket (measured along the seat tube, not vertically from the bottom bracket) is 69.5 centimeters. I had a professional fit done on another bike and should have had it at 70.5 centimeters.

Regards,
Tom

cool bike. Any idea what the seat tube angle, headtube lenght are? if it's still built as shown in the photo what's the bar height from the ground and the saddle height from the bottom bracket? these dimensions help me size the bike.

MilanoTom
03-14-2013, 09:10 AM
I'm open to reasonable offers. Since I'm wanting some funds for an EPS project, I'm thinking in terms of mostly cash, plus maybe a new Campagnolo part or two (11 speed cassette, perhaps?), or, if you only want one fork, a discounted price on that basis. In all honesty, this frameset could pass for a demo model. I take good care of my stuff.

Regards,
Tom

rallizes
10-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Hi. A friend is interested in knowing if this frame is still available.

Also, could you tell me what the stand over height is? (If you still have the bike!)

Thanks!