PDA

View Full Version : Real cyclist gone for good?

ultraman6970
03-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Anybody got the mail saying that real cyclist rolls out for good the 21st??

Now everybody has to go to cc.

dave thompson
03-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Yup. Not really a big deal.

sparky33
03-05-2013, 11:54 AM
Now everybody has to go to cc.

...or to the rest of Google search results.

nightfend
03-05-2013, 01:15 PM
They were already the same store for the last year or so. It is just that few people knew it.

pdmtong
03-05-2013, 02:18 PM
they used to run some pretty good closeouts.

nowadays the full retail items are really the same as what you will find on CC. Doesnt make sense to have both,

CC has lifetime NQA (realcyclist is 60days)....which to me is worth a small premium. i have used it a few times so far - to take care of some thing that by all accounts were just not right. Happy I could do so.

c-record
03-05-2013, 02:51 PM
I'm no longer a 'real cyclist' but I try and hope to call myself one again someday.

rice rocket
03-05-2013, 03:05 PM
CC has lifetime NQA (realcyclist is 60days)....which to me is worth a small premium. i have used it a few times so far - to take care of some thing that by all accounts were just not right. Happy I could do so.

In the past few months, they've adopted the same return policy. Same at Chainlove, Backcountry, Department of Goods, and whatever brands they also own.

tele
03-05-2013, 03:08 PM
In the past few months, they've adopted the same return policy. Same at Chainlove, Backcountry, Department of Goods, and whatever brands they also own.

not true for Dept of Goods, I need to return a winter jacket for the wifey and they said no go after 30 days.

rice rocket
03-05-2013, 04:32 PM
not true for Dept of Goods, I need to return a winter jacket for the wifey and they said no go after 30 days.

Huh. You're right, I just checked.

That's bizarre, considering they're the same company, selling the same merchandise.

What I also thought was weird was you could get free 2-day shipping over $50 at Backcountry, but it was only free ground shipping at Competitive Cyclist. But if you call them, they'd be like, oh yeah, I know it's stupid, we'll just upgrade you for free. :confused:

pdmtong
03-05-2013, 04:35 PM
their deal at a time sites are always just 30day return...so be sure of what you want when you impulse buy.

tele
03-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Huh. You're right, I just checked.

That's bizarre, considering they're the same company, selling the same merchandise.

What I also thought was weird was you could get free 2-day shipping over $50 at Backcountry, but it was only free ground shipping at Competitive Cyclist. But if you call them, they'd be like, oh yeah, I know it's stupid, we'll just upgrade you for free. :confused:

i tried to online chat with a rep and gave him the whole I've bought tons of crap at backcountry etc..., what gives, and the rep basically said i was SOL. really not sure I would buy anything from DOG or the other sites anymore.