PDA

View Full Version : Monday OT: Uniqlo shirts?

keevon
03-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Seen a few positive reviews of these, but I'm looking for more feedback. Seem like a steal at $30 a pop.

If you have some of the Uniqlo button-ups, how do you like 'em? As a tall & slender guy, I like that they offer the "easy care" line in longer lengths. How is fit and durability?

Thanks!

torquer
03-04-2013, 12:22 PM
I'm wearing one right now.
Definitely slimmer fit than what I usually buy (same as with their jeans), but I haven't popped any buttons (yet).
Fabric feels thin (in a good way), so should be especially nice in warm weather; down side is that they don't stay that crisp-looking as the day wears on.
Can't comment on the "easy care" part; my work shirts go to the laundry.

boxerboxer
03-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Tall and seasonally slender keeper of the Art of Wardrobe subforum across the hall, chasea has recommended Uniqlo as a good place to get reasonably priced shirts, etc. FWIWYMMVBBQWFT.

zzy
03-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Uniqlo is excellent for basics, especially on sale. Their easy care shirts are very good, and true to the sizing guide they provide. Definitely not as vanity sized as other brands.

neiltron
03-05-2013, 11:09 PM
You certainly get what you pay for at UNIQLO.

Louis
03-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Uh-oh - can talk of selvage jeans be far behind? :p

soupless
03-05-2013, 11:22 PM
You certainly get what you pay for at UNIQLO.

Fair enough, but sometimes you just need something that'll look good for a year or so and costs way less than you hoped.

The clothing isn't complete ****, but you're not gonna get years out of it either.

All in all, I'm quite happy with what I've gotten there.

2turtles
03-06-2013, 12:01 AM
I got a batch for work while in Hong Kong and like the quality and material. The sizes are true to their chart. Machine wash and hang to dry, they should last a long time. I was disappointed by the store in San Francisco because the sizes shifted for the US market, a medium in Hong Kong is an extra small in San Francisco, and very limited selection in my size.

rice rocket
03-06-2013, 06:34 AM
Yeah, the sizing in the US is weird.

I wear small slim tailored shirts from Banana Republic, and I couldn't find something with a good fit at the Uniqlo in NYC, despite all of Asia being usually a full size smaller than the Western world. Also, the smallest jean size is 29, which is crazy. Guess I have to go to Hong Kong and stock up.

torquer
03-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Speaking of jeans (again), what blew me away was the fact that they would shorten jeans (and maybe take in the waist, though I didn't ask about that) at no extra cost and in a couple hours; bought 'em at lunchtime, they were ready on the way home that night.
I can't get that kind of service at Nordstrom's or Neiman-Marcus!