PDA

View Full Version : Real or Fake Oakley Radars?

iRide
03-03-2013, 03:26 PM
Cant tell if these are real or fake? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Oakley-Sunglasses-Japan-Radar-Limited-Ed-Azn-Fit-Pol-Blk-Slate-Irid-24-326J?item=390549533030&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3D LVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5990426112240171926#ht_177 3wt_1256

zzy
03-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Its always suspicious when new Oakley's only come with a bag, and not the box or any paperwork.

iRide
03-03-2013, 03:45 PM
That's what I thought as well!

nmrt
03-03-2013, 04:21 PM
i have seen a lot of oakley listings on ebay where the glasses come with only a microfiber bag and the merchant claims that they are authentic. i have then read feedback from people who have bought oakleys in the same condition from the seller in the past. not one of the feedback mentions the oakleys as fake.

now, if one has these oakleys in possession, i assume it is pretty easy to verify the authenticity of their frames. the fake frames look like crap. you can probably even tell the fake ones in a photo. but it is the verifying the authenticity of the lens that is the hard part. even if you have them in your hands, i suspect it is going to be hard to tell. and since one is buying oakleys primarily because of the technology in the lenses, i would never buy a oakley from ebay, especially from volume oakley sellers even if i know that the frames are authentic. i just wont be able to know how "real" the lenses are.

binxnyrwarrsoul
03-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Plus 1. Besides, Radars come up on here quite often.

i have seen a lot of oakley listings on ebay where the glasses come with only a microfiber bag and the merchant claims that they are authentic. i have then read feedback from people who have bought oakleys in the same condition from the seller in the past. not one of the feedback mentions the oakleys as fake.

now, if one has these oakleys in possession, i assume it is pretty easy to verify the authenticity of their frames. the fake frames look like crap. you can probably even tell the fake ones in a photo. but it is the verifying the authenticity of the lens that is the hard part. even if you have them in your hands, i suspect it is going to be hard to tell. and since one is buying oakleys primarily because of the technology in the lenses, i would never buy a oakley from ebay, especially from volume oakley sellers even if i know that the frames are authentic. i just wont be able to know how "real" the lenses are.

mike p
03-03-2013, 04:40 PM
I would say they're real. Seller has sold over 18,000. Items, most of them look like Oakley glasses and nobody crying foul. I think your safe.

Mike